Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch cricket

Dutch cricket

Cricket in Holland isnt going very good at the moment...youth is growing steadly but not fast. KNCB(board) has money problems therefor the dutch team cant do a proper warm-up for the ICC throphey just the local competion. the dutch 1st team doesnt have a future in the NEAR future on the long term its growing but the U15 is the next crop of very talented players. U18 team has some prospect but nothing flashy like van Bunge.
    the rest of the team is getting old Tim de Leede is nearing his mid thirties so if van Troost and more players. the youth competions are build up like Top competition(18 plays 50 overs, U15 40 U13 35 and so on) with the rules that a no-ball and wide is 2 runs and NO overbowl then you have Everybody bats and bowls U18=40 overs, U15 35 and U13 30 overs with the same weird rules BUT in the U15 league you have to bowl everyone so 10x30 + 5 overs spread over the bowlers of your choice. in U18 you can decide not to bowl everyone but they have to bat from 1-6. now my question is what can happen to help Cricket in holland ? what kind of setup what added and stuff. and how can we help cricket more popluar with the rest of the people. Cricket in Holland had some very bad publicity last 2 seasons first there was the Pakistani guy that went mad against the umpire(board) and hit the umpire with his bat on the head! you never hear something abotu cricket on the news or newspapers this happens and you get articles and news items then there was a Hoofdklasse team(highest class) a pakistani, afgan mix team, they got into a split up and started fighthing with knives before a match...again no new at all this happens and wham we got cricket in the papers..because of this a lot of people think cricket in holland is only Pakistani's (Serious guys at this board from pakistan but it is that way in holland i really mean no offence i got Pakistani's in my team and they are the best...biased about cricket and really nice duded so i dont have anything against them.) but its only 30% of the cricketers in holland the rest is pretty local.

EDIT: arg just noticed i posted it in OT could a mod please move it to cricket chat? cheers!
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Fingers crossed that funds go in hollands way. But from the way you put it it doesn't sound to bad, as long as youngins are playing more people become interested.
    What are your suggestions to fixing?

ps. Use paragraphs
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

yeah im dutch remember
    the funding thing is a big problem, the dutch board should recieve 120.000 dollar but because of England not going to zimbabwe ICC got a big claim around there neck..so who's the losing..side well guessed the minnows now we only recieve $53.000

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    What about fund raising events?

they tried that...inviiting big stars let them play in biggest footie stadion of holland..guess what...it didnt go thru...and more bad luck like that.

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    If you think holland can be a good cricket team with out pakistans,afghanis,bangladeshes,indians,Then you must be joking,You have to start playing cricket from an early age to be a certin cricket player,hollanders,once they know what is cricket,Then they start playing it with out knowing how to hold the bat,so I suggest that you should be thank full to those afghanis pakistanis indians for letting cricket grow more in holland,
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

School Boy/Girl Captain Black Thunder's Avatar
    there's not much you can do without the money these days. What other sports are played in Holland outside of soccer (which is pretty massive over there).

There are some quite talented cricketers over there but the only thing you can do is just develop them and wait for a slice of luck - i.e. beating England or a fully fledged test team in a ODI or 4-day game.

There are two things that can be done which i don't think would cost too much;
    1) Work on that idea i head in the "non test cricketing nations" thread about sending 3 players a season off to another county/province. Being one of the better non test nations you would affiliate the Dutch with a good province - West Australia could be a good option as there are a lot South Africa/Dutch people over there aren't there?? Anyway, it wouldn't really matter where they go. I genuienely believe a cricket from somewhere like Netherlands would learn 20 times more in one season of high class (not neccesarily FC) cricket in a country like Australia or South Africa or England than they would've in their entire cricketing career's. This is perhaps the way to develop players so that the Dutch team may just cause an upset against countries like England or Pakistan etc,.

2) With the introduction of 20/20, i think teams touring to various places should place these "international" 20/20's in non cricketing nations. I.e. when Australia tour England the game should be played in Netherlands or Scotland etc,. When teams tour Australia the game should be played in Papau New Guinea or Fiji or Vanuata etc,.

Neither of those two ideas would be that costly - first would only cost an affair (accomodation and employment could be arranaged). second wouldn't cost anymore than hosting it in a test playing nation.........

other than that you can only really keep plugging away and waiting for a bit of luck.

1st point. the KNCB pays for 5 players a full winter(summer overthere) to play cricket in South Africa in a high team not FC but a high team, some players indeed have developed from that...example Daan van Bunge and his older brother Job.
    2nd point yeah something like top nations playing twenty20 matches IN holland would be great, cuz i doesnt last long and its just bam bam bam a good way to introduce it to the other people.

CP: I have NEVER EVER said that i dont want pakistani's or anyone in cricket in holland i only said the havent been giving good publicity...all my mates from higher to lower teams have been playing since there 10th or younger oke 2 or 3 new dudes but for the rest from a young age. i am thankfull to them but it needs to grow with the local people becuase we only got something like 150.000 subcontintential people maybe even less. and we got 13 milion "locals". myself im one of those guy that didnt have a sport apart from football when i was 8 and i wanted another sport. so i looked around togheter with my ma and we ended at cricket...i loved it immediately and i play cricket for over 8 years.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Holland does have a tradition of the game and a long history at that. It is only that they have not been competitive in international level.

I mean the 1996 Holland squad had so many original Holland born players playing in the team like Bas Van Noorvjick etc. It is one of the countries the ICC should support to improve.

Its sad Kenya didnt get support they deserved after 2003 specially. Come one ICC. Look at where cricket can hold a foothold in the long term.

the only thing ICC is thinking of..do we get rich of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    If you think holland can be a good cricket team with out pakistans,afghanis,bangladeshes,indians,Then you must be joking,You have to start playing cricket from an early age to be a certin cricket player,hollanders,once they know what is cricket,Then they start playing it with out knowing how to hold the bat,so I suggest that you should be thank full to those afghanis pakistanis indians for letting cricket grow more in holland,

?

Jacob Oram didn't start playing cricket until he was 16..and I am sure there are many other cases.. Playing for years and years and getting coaching from an early age may give you an edge but it only gets you so far. Natural ability is the key to succeding on the big stage

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Saeed Anwar took on cricket only in college

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    Not only is that rubbish, it's racist. Apology in order, methinks.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    ?

Jacob Oram didn't start playing cricket until he was 16..and I am sure there are many other cases.. Playing for years and years and getting coaching from an early age may give you an edge but it only gets you so far. Natural ability is the key to succeding on the big stage

side note: oram played soccer mostely, "goalie" the irony ahe! is'nt soccer hollands national game.

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Not only is that rubbish, it's racist. Apology in order, methinks.

How is it racist getting PC again Neil? It facts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information