• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome Newbies!

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Yeah, I don't doubt you've got some pace... but you can't know how fast anyone is, or even close, until they've been timed.
I've seen a 13 year-old guy who could bowl extraordinarily fast for his age before. But how fast was he? We didn't know.
And I played for our men's side at 15. As a batsman! And I was frighteningly out of depth.
Know wot Richard, i aint gonna let you dampen my enthusiasm

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
SpeedKing said:
good for you mate, wouldnt pay much attention to that goon if i were you, nobody else does.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
SpeedKing said:
your right mate :) when you know you bowl fast..you know it...doesnt matter wot mr richard thinks of it :) ive been told by other teams im the best 15 year old spinner theyve played :D(i play youth and Senior cricket this happned in senior) Tim de Leede told me im a good spinner but have to keep working :) 2 weeks later i took 5-6 in 4.4 and he watched it and congratulated me wtih it :-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpeedKing said:
Oh, I'm delighted to hear it - but I'd really hate for you to be disappointed because of optimistic coaches, it happens so often.
Such as in Simon Jones' case.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
Yeah, I don't doubt you've got some pace... but you can't know how fast anyone is, or even close, until they've been timed.
I've seen a 13 year-old guy who could bowl extraordinarily fast for his age before. But how fast was he? We didn't know.
And I played for our men's side at 15. As a batsman! And I was frighteningly out of depth.
You'd be frightentengly out of your depth as a batsmen against most thirteen-year-olds, so that's really not much to read into.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Neil Pickup said:
You'd be frightentengly out of your depth as a batsmen against most thirteen-year-olds, so that's really not much to read into.
richard would be frighteningly out of depth playing cricket on a computer let alone in real life

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I wasn't when I was an u15.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Oh, I'm delighted to hear it - but I'd really hate for you to be disappointed because of optimistic coaches, it happens so often.
Such as in Simon Jones' case.
I'll try again, i am not allowed to bowl to th U-15s in the club [why]. Even when i am training with the U-16s, i am not allowed to bowl bouncers or even back-of-a-length [why].

Just give it a rest, stop trying go persuade me and my coach are rubbish. Coz we are not

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
kwek said:
your right mate :) when you know you bowl fast..you know it...doesnt matter wot mr richard thinks of it :) ive been told by other teams im the best 15 year old spinner theyve played :D(i play youth and Senior cricket this happned in senior) Tim de Leede told me im a good spinner but have to keep working :) 2 weeks later i took 5-6 in 4.4 and he watched it and congratulated me wtih it :-)
Congratulations and do you play for a team

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Oh the irony.
Oh, the monotony.
If I had a quid for every time one of your posts contained a quote from me followed by those 3 words (and nothing else) I'd be a rich man by now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpeedKing said:
I'll try again, i am not allowed to bowl to th U-15s in the club [why]. Even when i am training with the U-16s, i am not allowed to bowl bouncers or even back-of-a-length [why].

Just give it a rest, stop trying go persuade me and my coach are rubbish. Coz we are not
I am doing nothing of the sort.
I commend you on your dangerous speed, but I maintain that until you've been timed no-one can have a clue to 20kph as to how fast you really are.