• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Or Pakistan

wich team would u want to win if u not indian or pakistani

• pakistan

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • india

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • any

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Pakistan for me - still haven't properly recovered from the terrace element c. 2002, and incessant proclamations of everyone in the Indian side's world-beater-ness.
Because Pakistan in 2001 were so much better with their "terrace element", weren't they?
At least India's fans behaved.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
He must have been referring to Ganguly who can sometimes come across as a tad aloof and arrogant IMO.
And that petulant attitude is what makes his team so good at punching above themselves, taking the rough with the smooth, knuckling down and proving people wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PAKMAN said:
who would u want to win if u not an indian or pakistani
I'd like to see Pakistan avenge the defeats (particularly in the ODIs) of last year but I never like seeing India get beaten in India in Tests (except if it's England or South Africa doing it).
So I'd like Pakistan to win the ODIs and, well, maybe to dominate a drawn Test-series. Reckon they've a good chance in the ODIs and frankly I think India will smash them in the Tests.
Could be interesting, though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ideally I'd like the series drawn with Tendulkar, Inzamam and Sehwag failing, whilst Butt, Ganguly and Dravid do very well. Nothing personal though. :)

Neil Pickup said:
Pakistan for me - still haven't properly recovered from the terrace element c. 2002, and incessant proclamations of everyone in the Indian side's world-beater-ness.

[AKA India's answers to Halsey]

What do you mean by that? You mean they haven't recovered from match fixing allegation? or you mean to say they haven't recovered from '03 WC's bad result? sorry i wasn't able to get it really.

Richard said:
Personally I'd love to see Pathan and Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan taken apart.

Well i can bet any amount of money on IKP performing very well and shattering Pakistani weak batting lineup.

As for Rana, he simply doesn't desrve a mention, its not that i don't like him, its just that i do think he's of international class.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GladiatrsInBlue said:
What do you mean by that? You mean they haven't recovered from match fixing allegation? or you mean to say they haven't recovered from '03 WC's bad result? sorry i wasn't able to get it really.
Before your time. Basically, it got a lot of people on here immensely annoyed by "fans" of Indian cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Well i can bet any amount of money on IKP performing very well and shattering Pakistani weak batting lineup.

As for Rana, he simply doesn't desrve a mention, its not that i don't like him, its just that i do think he's of international class.
Personally I think neither are close, they're both ordinary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ideally I'd like the series drawn with Tendulkar, Inzamam and Sehwag failing, whilst Butt, Ganguly and Dravid do very well. Nothing personal though. :)
Hmm...
Failures I'd like to see:
Sehwag, Gambhir, Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Nehra, Balaji, Yuvraj Singh (in the Tests), Salman Butt (in the Tests), Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik (in the Tests), Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan, Mohammad Khalil, Youhana (in the Tests).
Successes I'd like to see:
Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman (in the Tests), Ganguly, Karthik (in the Tests), Dhoni (in the ODIs), Kumble (in the Tests), Harbhajan Singh, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Youhana (in the ODIs), Asim Kamal (in the Tests - which is all I think he'll play), Shoaib Malik (in the ODIs), Abdur Razzaq (with his batting), Salman Butt (in the ODIs), Yuvraj Singh (in the ODIs).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
From what I remember it's similar sort of stuff that inspired the AAAS; the Indians who turned-up on here and talked above their station.
Just pointing-out that Pakistan in 2001 had far more disgrace from their "fans" than India did in 2002.

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
Hmm...
Failures I'd like to see:
Sehwag, Gambhir, Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Nehra, Balaji, Yuvraj Singh (in the Tests), Salman Butt (in the Tests), Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik (in the Tests), Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan, Mohammad Khalil, Youhana (in the Tests).
You mentioned ten Pakistan whome you want to see fail in test matches!! Well even if the 11th guy do wonders the team you end up in a big hole like that!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
From what I remember it's similar sort of stuff that inspired the AAAS; the Indians who turned-up on here and talked above their station.
Just pointing-out that Pakistan in 2001 had far more disgrace from their "fans" than India did in 2002.
The terrace fans were in 2002, it can't have been 2001 as the site didn't even exist.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Irfan is anything but ordinary!

Ordinary are pacers like Ajit Agarkar, Rana,Khalil, Nehra and Sami.
Really?
A Test-match average of 41.19 is extremely ordinary.
You also missed Zaheer Khan from the list of ordinaries.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Which is why you didn't understand what Neil said.
I understand about the Indian fans of 2002 on the site - I've even read a few of the posts in my archive-surfing.