• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hauritz now dropped from state team...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Argonaut said:
Hauritz may come back. I hope he does but unless he gets a bag in club cricket then Simpson will overtake him. Simpson could also average 96 with the ball and can bat very well.
Simpson hasn't even replaced Hauritz. For some reason they are persisting with this Lachlan Stevens fellow - terrible. No body should play for Queensland if they look like Elliot when they bat!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
mavric41 said:
That doesn't mean they haven't shown improvement. Just means they are not ready for the next step up.
If you're improving to averaging in the 40s I dread to think what you were like before you improved!

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
Simpson hasn't even replaced Hauritz. For some reason they are persisting with this Lachlan Stevens fellow - terrible. No body should play for Queensland if they look like Elliot when they bat!
Now is that John Elliot or Elliot Gobblet? :blink: :D

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
If you're improving to averaging in the 40s I dread to think what you were like before you improved!
Maybe bowling better then their figures suggest?

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
NSW have Krejza who is a better bowler then Hauritz and can't make the NSW side. If he was going to move states then his best option will be to Victoria. White is becoming more of batsmen then a spinner, so their is a spot for a spinner over there, or they could play two spinners as they have Harvey and Moss. WA is another option but the pitches are worse for spin bowling then OLD.

But in saying all this i don't rate Simpson as a bowler and i doubt he will be able to keep his spot for OLD as bowler, maybe an all rounder, but then OLD only have three bowlers until Watson, Hopes or Symonds are back.
Didn't South Australia offer him big dollars to go south until Watson came home?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
mavric41 said:
He didn't do that badly. It was all Joe the cameraman's fault.
I'd not go quite that far - he was appalling - but yes, I do think it was exaggerated still further by that cameraman comment - especially when it was attributed to Warne.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
mavric41 said:
50's & 60's :p
My point exactly!!!!!
Craig said:
Maybe bowling better then their figures suggest?
Which can only happen for so long.
Especially in the case of fingerspinners where they're often perceived to be bowling better than their figures suggest.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
He's not anywhere near as bad as his recent figures suggest. Hell, he bowled pretty decently in his one test appearance, albeit with plenty of assistance from the pitch. He'll be back and bowling better in due time.

Certainly not an international class player at the moment, but he will improve.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hell, he bowled pretty decently in his one test appearance, albeit with plenty of assistance from the pitch.
I'd back Nathan Dumelow to bowl pretty well on a pitch like that.

tooextracool

International Coach
Top_Cat said:
Geez some of you guys are unbelieveable. We're talking about a real person here. He hasn't miraculously 'lost' his talent, just lost his way a bit. He's a decent offie and I personally think his lack of success is more a reflection of the captaincy of Wade Seccombe than any perceived lack of ability. Certainly he has been darting the ball a fair bit of late but I would say that's just a chronic lack of confidence which Queensland have done nothing to ameliorate (other than dropping him). It's typical of their treatment of spinners in their state.

He'll be back. You'll see.

TEC: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=curmudgeon
we've been through this before:
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=11330&page=134&pp=15&highlight=curmudgeon
for your response.