• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U19 Test Series - England v India

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I am very impressed with Bilal Shafayat's performances so far for England - back to back hundreds in the Third Test.

After Gordon Muchall's 254 in the First Test, it's looking like England have a few good batting prospects :)

Kyle Hogg seems a good prospect with the ball, and Graeme Wagg as an all-rounder seems reasonable.

However, bat has completely dominated ball, and added to rain, it's going to need a spectacular Indian collapse or special bowling for England to win the last test and series - else it's 0-0.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
I am very impressed with Bilal Shafayat's performances so far for England - back to back hundreds in the Third Test.

After Gordon Muchall's 254 in the First Test, it's looking like England have a few good batting prospects :)

Kyle Hogg seems a good prospect with the ball, and Graeme Wagg as an all-rounder seems reasonable.

However, bat has completely dominated ball, and added to rain, it's going to need a spectacular Indian collapse or special bowling for England to win the last test and series - else it's 0-0.
Where are these guys now?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Xuhaib said:
Where are these guys now?
Bilal Shafayat is a bit of enigma (now at Worcestershire). Some days he'll effortlessly rip a bolwing attack to shreds, other days he'll play a terrible shot and go early on.

Gordon Muchall is a fairly solid middle-order batsman for Durham, made a few big scores at the start of this year but then failed to kick on.

Kyle Hogg is a medium pace bowler with Lancashire, playing mostly one-day cricket although this could change as the likes of Chapple and Cork get older. Has decent control of line and length, plus he swings it a bit, but a lack of pace and height makes him easy to get after.

Graeme Wagg was doing alright at Warwickshire before he was found guilty of coke abuse, and was banned for one year. He's now spearheading Derbyshire's attack, but that isn't really any great feat.

I'll stick my neck out on the line: none of them will play for England.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kyle Hogg is playing for Otago in NZ this winter.

I think Shafayat will play for England at some point(in ODI's)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Done it myself in work many times when workloads were lower. Read the whyole Ashes 2005 thread over the course of about 2 months. I only finished it two weeks ago, good job I did though, because work is so so busy now that I wouldn't get a chance to finish it and I wouldn't know who ended up winning!

Xuhaib

International Coach
I guess happens when you break up with your girl and after 3 months realise she is the most sought after peice at the uni:(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wish people would stop digging out four-year-old evidence that I knew the square root of naff all aged 16.