• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz I think you're preaching to the choir here. We all agree that pace means very little in the overall picture. Its nice to have it, but clearly not a necessity.

tooextracool

International Coach
really this has to be the worst pakistan bowling attack i have ever seen. i mean for a team that has dropped every player irrespective of how good they've performed including kamal, i really am surprised at how long they have retained the likes of sami, hasan and razzaq, all of whom are so so far away from being test class, that its not funny. even more stupid is the selection of 3 frontline bowlers, considering that 2 of them are complete and utter garbage.

tooextracool

International Coach
SJS said:
Actually, his technique is not that bad, what differentiates him from others is his extremely aggressive attitude and his immense confidemce in his shots.
He is like Gilchrist in this respect.
exactly, sehwag's technique is often misunderstood simply because he plays agressively. those who have watched him closely would realise that he has a fairly strong defense, and when the bowling is poor or the pitch is flat he chooses to attack them and he does that with minimal footwork, but of course with his eye, hes more than capable of doing that successfully.

tooextracool

International Coach
Jono said:
Alright Mr Arjun. A five-for in Test cricket against a non-Bangladesh or Zimbabwe team means nothing, since this Pakistan batting team, including Inzamam Ul Haq and Yousuf Youhana are absolute garbage.
actually the inclusion of yousuf youhana is what makes the side absolute garbage. the word you were looking for there was kamal.

Gangster

U19 12th Man
Sanz said:
If line, Length, bowling intelligence was so easy to teach, why hasn't Sami been able to learn it yet. Sami played for two full years with Akram and Waqar, he learnt very little. Dont tell me that Bobby isn't trying to teach him that.

Trust me, I would prefer a slower, steadier, more intelligent SS Paul over a faster, wayward and dumb Sami any day. You say Razzaq, Rana were faster than Balaji, Zaheer and Pathan but let me ask you this, would you trade Razzaq, Rana and Sami for Zaheer, Pathan and Balaji ??
No I would never trade Razzaq, Rana and Sami for Zaheer, Pathan and Balaji. I would trade Sami for Zaheer I think, but that's the only trade I would make. What I want is for Zaheer, Pathan and Balaji to bowl like Zaheer, Pathan and Balaji but with the pace of Sami. It's wishful thinking, but it's a dream nonetheless! Can't I aspire to it? :p

tooextracool

International Coach
Jono said:
The ironic thing is Sehwag did play like he's playing now against Australia. Well he wasn't as dominant early in the innings, he usually built up his innings rather than going BANG BANG straight away, but he still scored well against Australia.

Its just a damn shame he didn't have much back up.
exactly the point i made in my earlier post.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS said:
Actually, his technique is not that bad, what differentiates him from others is his extremely aggressive attitude and his immense confidemce in his shots.
He is like Gilchrist in this respect.
I just meant its extremely unconventional. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In today's Indian Express, there is a small article on the problem of plenty in Indian cricket. They talked about how now both Irfan and Zaheer were under pressure to perform in the second innings, as it is almost a given that India will need Bhajji at Eden. They also talked about VVS is under pressure from Yuvi, who, in turn, is under pressure from Kaif. I think this is the first time that we have had such a problem of plenty in my life time......... (BTW, I am 21.)

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has the time arrived for Indian team Management to adopt the rotation policy similar to what Australian team does????

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
dudeurfriend said:
Has the time arrived for Indian team Management to adopt the rotation policy similar to what Australian team does????
i don't think we have the depth to do that right now...australia is in a different league and can afford to do it without jeopardizing their results....i guess we can do it against bangladesh and zimbabwe... :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sanz said:
If line, Length, bowling intelligence was so easy to teach, why hasn't Sami been able to learn it yet. Sami played for two full years with Akram and Waqar, he learnt very little. Dont tell me that Bobby isn't trying to teach him that.

Trust me, I would prefer a slower, steadier, more intelligent SS Paul over a faster, wayward and dumb Sami any day. You say Razzaq, Rana were faster than Balaji, Zaheer and Pathan but let me ask you this, would you trade Razzaq, Rana and Sami for Zaheer, Pathan and Balaji ??
Z-P-B does it for me, R-R-S feels underdressed...

Deja moo

International Captain
Anil said:
don't think we have the depth to do that right now...australia is in a different league and can afford to do it without jeopardizing their results....i guess we can do it against bangladesh and zimbabwe...
:p No thanks......losing one ODI to the Bongs was enough for me to throw that policy out of the window.

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well guys i think you are right... But i do see the oppurtunity for rotation policy in future as the competency level is growing more and more and also the bench strength is Improving day-by-day.........

Deja moo

International Captain
India 216/2 in 52 overs,,...Sehwag on 114(159) and Tendulkar walks in requiring 100 to break Gavaskars record of 34 test centuries, and 121 to reach 10k runs in test cricket.

Deja moo

International Captain
Naved Hasan is really taking a pounding here...17-0-82-0

Sehwag just smacked him for 2 consecutive fours followed by an edge between the keeper and first slip that ran away for another boundary.