• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Choora

State Regular
Vikas Bhatt said:
Hmmm, Maybe then your friend could also give us some inside info about how many of those were fixed? [Especially Sharjah!]

:p :blink: :p

Thats pretty stupid, if the matches lost can be considered to have been fixed, then the matches won by India can also be considered to have been fixed!!!

So where do we stand now?

If Azhar,Jadeja and others got money to underperform, then Malik, Akram and co also took money to underperform!

Choora

State Regular
SJS said:
I am a product of the immediate post partition generation , born 3 years after the partition, but I dont mind pulling Chetan sharma's leg over his famous 'Javed delivery' and have a guffaw over it. You guys need to grow up.

I wont say that it was my fav moment (and you can't blame me on that as India lost the match and i was too young then to accept such a defeat when the match was well in hand) but i can safely say that, that happen to be the most stunning match in the history of Indo-Pak cricket.

Like Ravi said, Indians could hear the echoes of the six in years to come.

Choora

State Regular
Bouncer said:
akhter or No Akhter, i think Rao is going to be a very Important guy for this tour, in the second final he bowled a longer first spell, and ended up with 33 runs in ten overs, i think the pressure of Indian tour can really Polish his talent and presense of Waqar Younis as coach will add alot to his young talent!

I would prefer Mohd Asif over Rao.

My Pak bowling attack for test match would be,

Akhtar
Asif
Rana
Sami\Danish

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Choora said:
I wont say that it was my fav moment (and you can't blame me on that as India lost the match and i was too young then to accept such a defeat when the match was well in hand) but i can safely say that, that happen to be the most stunning match in the history of Indo-Pak cricket.

Like Ravi said, Indians could hear the echoes of the six in years to come.
I suppose not. It cant be any indians favourite moment but it sure was a memorable moment !

I remember it as if it was testerday. I came back from office. When I had left office India were comfortably on the way to victory. I walked in and my wife and her friend were sitting there. My wife said, "So you watched the match". I said , "no, I didnt watch it but I heard the commentary and it was great."

She was surprised to see the smile on my face and asked "you didnt hear the whole of it, did you". I replied in the negative and said something to the effect that there was no point sticking around when I could go home and watch the highlights in the evening.

She said, "What !! You have the heart to see it all over again ??"

I had no clue what she was talking about and when she told me I told her she was talking rubbish ! :p

It was very painful indeed. It took a very long time for Indian cricketers to come out of that. A whole generation !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The second such thrashing we got was in the Asian Games in 1981 I think. The games were organised in Delhi. Rajiv Gandhi, whose mother was prime minister, built great stadia and we had coloured television and multiple channels for the first time. It was like a dream. Everyone threw away the old B&W TV and bought new coloured ones.

Indian hockey beat everyone and reached the finals. Pakistan were the other finalists.

The whole family, like millions of other Indian families, sat around the TV to watch a gold medal winning performance.

I think, I could be wrong, India scored the first goal. Then Pakistan equalised. Then they scored another, and another, and another, and another, and another and another !!

I remember the goalkeeper was a chap called Negi. He just disappeared from sight after that game.

It was more stunning than Miandad's six I believe !

Sehwag309

Banned
Sharma himself said everyone hated him after that, from the general public to the officials at the airport..almost everyone was giving him that look

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
Sharma himself said everyone hated him after that, from the general public to the officials at the airport..almost everyone was giving him that look
I know. But I feel sorry for Chetan. If he had bowled a good length delivery, chances are Javed would have carted him over the boundary and every one would have told him, you idiot you should have pitched up, even a low full toss which cant be hit for six !!

He tried a low full toss which is generally considered safe with all fielders on the fence and over pitched it slightly and the rest is history :p

I wonder what would have been the publics reaction if it had been Kapil who was the bowler ?

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I liked it when the Chennai crowd gave a standing ovation for Saeed Anwar after his 194. And also when Pakistan won a test match in 1999.

Choora

State Regular
SJS said:
I suppose not. It cant be any indians favourite moment but it sure was a memorable moment !

I remember it as if it was testerday. I came back from office. When I had left office India were comfortably on the way to victory. I walked in and my wife and her friend were sitting there. My wife said, "So you watched the match". I said , "no, I didnt watch it but I heard the commentary and it was great."

She was surprised to see the smile on my face and asked "you didnt hear the whole of it, did you". I replied in the negative and said something to the effect that there was no point sticking around when I could go home and watch the highlights in the evening.

She said, "What !! You have the heart to see it all over again ??"

I had no clue what she was talking about and when she told me I told her she was talking rubbish ! :p

It was very painful indeed. It took a very long time for Indian cricketers to come out of that. A whole generation !!

Well i believe such matches makes cricket a great game.

Choora

State Regular
SJS said:
The second such thrashing we got was in the Asian Games in 1981 I think. The games were organised in Delhi. Rajiv Gandhi, whose mother was prime minister, built great stadia and we had coloured television and multiple channels for the first time. It was like a dream. Everyone threw away the old B&W TV and bought new coloured ones.

Indian hockey beat everyone and reached the finals. Pakistan were the other finalists.

The whole family, like millions of other Indian families, sat around the TV to watch a gold medal winning performance.

I think, I could be wrong, India scored the first goal. Then Pakistan equalised. Then they scored another, and another, and another, and another, and another and another !!

I remember the goalkeeper was a chap called Negi. He just disappeared from sight after that game.

It was more stunning than Miandad's six I believe !

Yeah Pak defeated India 6-1 or 7-1 in that match, but unlike that cricket match that match was totally onesided, and i believe the Indians played awfully.

Choora

State Regular
Sehwag309 said:
Poor guy, that day beloned to Miandad and Pak, to have blamed one individual for the stunning defeat was wrong and unjustified.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Choora said:
Well i believe such matches makes cricket a great game.
Oh yes. Indeed. It was great. I mean just imagine if the team one is supporting manages to pull off a win like that !! A great match.

Well Jonty Rhodes believe the Akhtar's absence won't effect Pak chances (if the ever had any) as the wkts won't suit express pacers. Though Rhodes belief that Indian left arm pacers will play a crucial role in the outcome of the series result(i.e Indian win) :D

Vikas Bhatt

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shahid_afridi said:
who got the tv rights?the bcci said that they wanted to announce the winner of the rights today!tell me!!!!!!!!!
Doordarshan still has it. Initially they had split the One day series rights with ESPN/Star. Now DD has proposed to ESPN/Star to share the tests rights as well! The rights sharing is in 70:30 capacity.

biased indian

International Coach
Vikas Bhatt said:
Doordarshan still has it. Initially they had split the One day series rights with ESPN/Star. Now DD has proposed to ESPN/Star to share the tests rights as well! The rights sharing is in 70:30 capacity.
it now looks that it might go to Espn Star as doordarshan is trying to have a talk with them

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Where do u guys get all this news about telecast rights? I haven't seen anything in The Hindu or at Cricinfo or even in Sportscentre.