• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are plenty of reasons to pick Lee but unfortunately for him, none to draop Kasper and plenty to retain him. If Kasper is dropped for the first Test, that will be a disgrace. Lots of players are in form and don't get picked because the player who is there already is performing too. Sucks to be Lee but that's what playing in the best cricketing nation in the world will do to you.

We've seen it many times over the years. Sylvester Clarke couldn't get a game for the WI when he was at his peak destroying English county sides. Why? Marshall, Garner, Holding and others were ahead of him and performing.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
cric_manic said:
Iain O'Brien is said to be called up to the test team
That's got to be a joke. At least if Lance Hamilton is included, it's because of his commitment to domestic cricket over the years, I seriously don't know why the selectors would be looking at O'Brien.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
southern man said:
He has been included, Along with Criag Cumming. Lou Vincent and James Franklin has being given recalls.
Cricinfo are a little slow on the news then. Cumming, Vincent and Franklin are acceptable selections but O'Brien? I can't see what this guy has that should cement a place in the test squad.

I also suppose Craig Cumming will be opening the innings? There goes my original selection of Matthew Sinclair, although his recent form can't have helped.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
To digress a bit. Where is Craig McMillan's weight going ?? I was shocked to see him yesterday :-O

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
To digress a bit. Where is Craig McMillan's weight going ?? I was shocked to see him yesterday :-O
He looked like his usual self to be honest. And he certainly seemed agile enough...

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Somerset said:
But NZCricket and Cricinfo have absolutely nothing? Sure it wasn't just a rumour...

It's no rumour.

Braces is talking to Phil ''Good as gold'' Gifford about the team right now.

The full team is: Stephen Fleming (captain), Nathan Astle, Craig Cumming, James Franklin, Brendon McCullum, Craig McMillan, Hamish Marshall, Chris Martin, Iain O'Brien, Daniel Vettori, Lou Vincent and Paul Wiseman.

Fiery

Banned
Macca has put on a bit of weight. It's all gone to his ass.
Iain O'Brien?! That's so random. His 1st class average isn't bad at 21. I don't think I even know what he looks like and I watch most of the State stuff on TV and go to a few games.

Fiery

Banned
southern man said:
It's no rumour.

The full team is: Stephen Fleming (captain), Nathan Astle, Craig Cumming, James Franklin, Brendon McCullum, Craig McMillan, Hamish Marshall, Chris Martin, Iain O'Brien, Daniel Vettori, Lou Vincent and Paul Wiseman.
"Good as gold, Southern man.
Well, it's been a real pleasure. All the best"

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
southern man said:
It's no rumour.

Well it appears as though O'Brien has a decent chance of playing if Wiseman is included in the 12. Still a really surprising selection for an almost unknown player. To be honest, Kyle Mills should've been selected. He's played all six ODIs against Australia this summer and has had as much match practice as anyone.

Fiery

Banned
southern man said:
It's no rumour.

Hardly have the Aussies quaking in their thongs

shaka

International Regular
I find this caption under a pic of Clarke's caught and bowled: "Michael Clarke takes a spectacular one-hander to remove New Zealand's Hamish McDonald in the fourth one-dayer at Wellington's Basin Reserve /AP" from foxsports australia

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
I find this caption under a pic of Clarke's caught and bowled: "Michael Clarke takes a spectacular one-hander to remove New Zealand's Hamish McDonald in the fourth one-dayer at Wellington's Basin Reserve /AP" from foxsports australia
Didnt you think it was spectacular ? It was unbelievable. It was stuck with such tremendous power. The slow motion replay could never do justice to the magic of the moment when one realised Clarke had caught it. I am not sure if a still pic can do too..

Fiery

Banned
SJS said:
Didnt you think it was spectacular ? It was unbelievable. It was stuck with such tremendous power. The slow motion replay could never do justice to the magic of the moment when one realised Clarke had caught it. I am not sure if a still pic can do too..
I think he's referring to the misprint. Hamish MacDonald was a particularly hardworking and conscientious All Black lock of the 70s, a strong scrummager and effective front of the lineout jumper. He formed a strong partnership in the 2nd row with Peter Whiting. :dry:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit I've hardly heard of O'Brien. FC stats are impressive though, 120 wickets @ 21.93. But he is only listed as a medium pacer, will he really have anything that will trouble Australia? Can't say for sure that he won't since I haven't seen him bowl but I'm a bit worried.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Apologies if anybody's mentioned this already, but I saw today on the ICC website that New Zealand have lost their second place ranking in ODI's, falling below Sri Lanka. If they can win the final game they can reclaim it (temporarily, at least), but that appears pretty unlikely.
Bollocks. NZ are a better side than Sri Lanka.