• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
Pleased that Katich is out. He just doesnt fit this team well, imo. He needs to just be back in the Test side, he has a better chance to play his natural game there and to relax.
And at least this time it will be an offical match for Hussey, instead of that in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time spot he recieved last year!
Think Katich is good enough to play ODI, he hasn't good much wrong and his ODD record is second to now. But i guess Hussey needs a run to see what he has at this level.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
You do forget that we have played without Murali in the last couple of ODI Series and in those series we played as well as New Zealand if not better. Guys like Chandana, Heath aren't that far away from Vettori as bowlers. The difference between us without Murali and NZ without Bond is that we have better back, in terms of spin bowling. Apart from Tuffey none of the other Kiwi quicks would make our side infront Vaas, Zoysa, Dilhara, Mahroof or Malinga. I didn't include Oram or Carins as they are all rounders. In saying that i think Sri Lanka are the ones with the bowling advantage. The only advantage that New Zealand have is fielding and depth in batting and bowling as a result of their all rounders.

On form (last 18 months) NZ are clearly the better oneday team regardless !!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
On form (last 18 months) NZ are clearly the better oneday team regardless !!
I don't know about the clearly part mate, they might be slightly better cus Murali hasn't played much in the last 18 months. If they were clearly better then they would be more then 2 pts in front of them on the ODI Championship Table (even thoough it is a little bit in accurate). If New Zealand beat Australia at home, which is something we couldn't do then they might be better, but if they don't then they are even. Remember in the last 18 months we only lost to Australia and we beat everyone else.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
I don't know about the clearly part mate, they might be slightly better cus Murali hasn't played much in the last 18 months. If they were clearly better then they would be more then 2 pts in front of them on the ODI Championship Table (even thoough it is a little bit in accurate). If New Zealand beat Australia at home, which is something we couldn't do then they might be better, but if they don't then they are even. Remember in the last 18 months we only lost to Australia and we beat everyone else.
NZ have virtually beaten everyone else too....So more relevant is Sri-lanka V NZ's last few games, surely

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
NZ have virtually beaten everyone else too....So more relevant is Sri-lanka V NZ's last few games, surely
Are they playing ODIs in the next tour, i've onlt heard of Test being played. If there playing ODIs then we'll see. The last time we played was a one -off match, doesn't really count. Then u have to go back 2 years, not recent form, so if u want to compare then u have to see how well each of us play aganist the top team at home. This series will show who is better. If NZ win then u are better, if they loss by a couple of games then were even. If u guys get smashed then we are better. That is just my option but.

Fiery

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Are they playing ODIs in the next tour, i've onlt heard of Test being played. If there playing ODIs then we'll see. The last time we played was a one -off match, doesn't really count. Then u have to go back 2 years, not recent form, so if u want to compare then u have to see how well each of us play aganist the top team at home. This series will show who is better. If NZ win then u are better, if they loss by a couple of games then were even. If u guys get smashed then we are better. That is just my option but.
2 tests only

Fiery

Banned
Gilly gone 2nd ball flicking one down the leg side to the keeper. Great start for Tuffey and NZ. Lovely straight drive for 4 1st ball for Punter. Bowden puts the finger up when Gilly is halfway to the pavilion. Good decision Billy :D

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
Fiery said:
Gilly gone 2nd ball flicking one down the leg side to the keeper. Great start for Tuffey and NZ. Lovely straight drive for 4 1st ball for Punter. Bowden puts the finger up when Gilly is halfway to the pavilion. Good decision Billy :D
Do you have a job?

Fiery

Banned
Blaze said:
Na i am at skool. I have got computers though so I can moniter the score through cricinfo
I like to sit and watch it with the notebook on my lap so I can keep in touch with what's happening on CW and chip in with cynical, biased and sometimes offensive comments to Australians and anyone who's not from where I come from.

Fiery

Banned
Looks like a belter this pitch. Australia and Ponting in particular off to a good start and looking dangerous. 58 off 10. Cairns on.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Fiery said:
Hope you're psychic Jnr :).
Seriously, I have no faith in our middle order. These middle order collapses have become habitual against the Black Caps. :p