• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

shaka

International Regular
making hundreds at state level gives him a reason to be in recalled into the team! I would use him as a bowler in internationals more than he is currently (McMillan).

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Marshall's dismissal can be blamed squarely on the commentators..."Marshall is winning the battle against McGrath" says Ian Smith. Next ball - out.
Idiots.

McMillan has kept his space in the team for about the last 3 years on the basis of one 80 odd in a series. If he somehow manages to make 50 this innings he will probably be kept in the side for another year, which would be stupid IMO and very disheartening for the likes of Fulton.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Isolator said:
McMillan can bugger off. I really hope he fails miserably. He keeps making the team for no apparent reason, and on top of that he makes comments like the ones he did.... he needs to be humiliated, quite frankly. Get the arrogance knocked out of him.
What did he say?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset said:
Michael Clarke taking another important wicket, he's proving to be a very successful partnership breaker for Australia unfortunately.

lol unfortunate? amusing that it was astle though;)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Why have we got a nightwatchchman in to protect McMillan? More proof of the pandering attention he seems to get.

anzac

International Debutant
Isolator said:
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/208554_NZ_18MAR2005.html

If he actually believes one half century in an ODI three games ago is enough to ensure his place in the team, he's nuts.
that's his standard response each season - he used the same thing in the RSA series didn't he????

but add that to the previous 1 about not changing a thing after being dropped from the side last season - how many Tests did he actually miss - bugger all really wasn't it - probably nothing different to if he'd been unavailable thru' injury.............

but I'll refrain from continuing on one of my rants.......................

anzac

International Debutant
Voltman said:
Why have we got a nightwatchchman in to protect McMillan? More proof of the pandering attention he seems to get.
I'm pleased someone else agrees with me that he seems to lead a charmed & privaleged life..............

anzac

International Debutant
Tim said:
Vincent is batting for his short-term test future tommorow I think..if he can get close to 100, he'll definately secure a spot against Sri Lanka.

One would think that McMillan is in a similar position.
I hope not regarding Macca...............and I hope like hell that Vincent does well..............

anzac

International Debutant
surely no one is seriously considering dropping Cumming atm..........he's doing well enough & doesn't seem intimidated by the AUS bowlers - just needs to put the hook shot away until the innings is well underway...........

Flem is shot atm & IMO keeping him opening is now counter productive.............again I saw that if Macca is to be retained then he should be used at the top of the order - I'd rather run he risk of Macca going for single figures than Flem - atm I'd even bat Flem after H Marshall...........and I'd be looking to do this as soon as the 2nd innings of this Test..........

anzac

International Debutant
atm this looks like the only thing that can 'save' NZL from an even bigger defeat is the weather..............

so IMO there MUST be changes to the team & squad for the 3rd Test - as the series will be lost they have nothing to loose bringing in some changes ahead of the SRL series.....

interestingly the AUS commentators on Fox were calling for Butler to be recalled on the basis that he can offer some pace into the seam attack........

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Kapiti Coast.. 30 minutes north ...

Weird as.. bright blue sky ... no clouds at all.. and no wind..

Was just down at the beach :D,, think i might go back down :D

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The covers are in the process of coming off, but it's still very dark here at the Basin, and the outfield is apparently very wet. The umpires will be coming out for another look just before lunch, with the intention of getting play underway ASAP this afternoon. But, as I say, there are still some very dark clouds lingering about at the moment, so we could be in for more drizzle before then.