• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhter on Indian talented Pacers!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
If anyone is kidding right now, then its gotta be the English batters who can't even thrash bowlers whose ave are in late 30s and are good enough for all of us to label them as worst ever!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Utter drivel!

The fault lay with the English bowling and captaincy, not necessarily with the English batters today.

The wicket is a 280-300 pitch, Not a 600-650 one.

India have bowled correctly in the conditions, Ganguly applied pressure at the right time and it's about time we saw two spinners in the Indian team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That's the key point. At no point have we praised England to the hilt and made outrageous claims about England being the best side in the world.

In fact the only people I can remember saying the English batting line-up is great are the likes of warrioryohannan.

And to put this into context. I wonder how India would fare without Tendulkar and Dravid?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
"In fact the only people I can remember saying the English batting line-up is great are the likes of warrioryohannan.

And to put this into context. I wonder how India would fare without Tendulkar and Dravid?"

Indeed i said that, that was sarcasm ofcourse.

As to ,how India will fare without Tend/Dravid, well how is Aus going to fare without McGrath and Warne? How is Pak going to perform without Inzi/Youhanna, how is SA going to fare without Kallis/Gibbs???
Dumb question!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was just pointing out that England's best 2 batsmen, messrs Thorpe and Trescothick are missing from the line up.

I was questioning how India would like missing their best 2 batsmen.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This post is about talented Indian pacers, isn't it? Well, there still isn't any, atleast not in this current squad.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Mark,
Even with those two England did nothing in the test series in INDIA, besides England never have an injury free squad, wonder how they keep maintaining unfit?

Anil,
those talented Bowlers have brought India near to a historic win, its a pity that u can't see that!

Sulphate

Cricket Spectator
Mark,
Even with those two England did nothing in the test series in INDIA, besides England never have an injury free squad, wonder how they keep maintaining unfit?

Anil,
those talented Bowlers have brought India near to a historic win, its a pity that u can't see that!
erm i thin that test series was actually quite close, 2-1 or 1-0 to india. in india with a young team thats quite good.

instead of dismissing englands batsmen why dont u look at the stats. if u took just this series into account and not any other matches ever played u would have to say england and indias batsmen are about the same and englands bowlers are better than indias. in truth indias batting line up is probably stronger than englands but englands has more lower order batting.

altho i admire yur entusiasic support of india you should not call indias bowlers gr8 after one good performance and call englands as a team bad after one quite shocking performance, especially by the bowlers.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Warrior: (man get a small name..hehe)

Zaheer is the only bowler with any potential of becoming a test level bowler.

Nehra:Sucks at fielding. Just a swing bowler. Recently changed his action and run up and is not the same bowler. He has performed only against ZIMB and in patches in windies.No stamina.
He has to improve in all areas.

Agarkar: My granma cant see a bus at 10 ft. But i am sure she can pitch the ball in and around the stumps more consistently.
He has no discipline to be test bowler. Has to curb his machismo.

Honestly tell me ..he has been in the team for 5 yrs now.But every time he bowls i just think...hope fully he wont spray. It is abt time some one else got a chance.

If u still thuink he has potential..well..i dont have anything to say

WHy hasnt yohannan got a chance? some times the moves that the indian team management makes is so stupid.

Tis abt time to try new pace bowlers..

cheers scorpio

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mark,
Even with those two England did nothing in the test series in INDIA,
A close fought series in which Thorpe hardly paid a part you mean, hence we didn't have him.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Sulphate,
I don't know what u mean by gr8 ? is it a code word or what?

Mark,
Indeed Thorpe played only a single test in India, but thats how the Englisjmen play cricket these days, none is fit enough to play a whole series!!

Sulphate

Cricket Spectator
Sulphate,
I don't know what u mean by gr8 ? is it a code word or what?
gr8 means great. as in the 8 is pronounced the same as the eat in great.

sorry txt language spilled over into a post :rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Right, so when you are proved wrong, you counter it with a most stupid comment? Nice way of debating, but not how we do it on Cricketweb (unless you're Neil in disguise of course) ;) :D 8D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Since when have I used that tactic?

And isn't that just a touch on the hypocritical side (Grimsby Town... Champ Manager... Dutch Players... "Hair Lengths" I believe...) :D 2-2

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I honestly have no idea what you are on about - hair lengths?

Direct me to the thread where I used those connections please, I'd like to find out what I said!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LOL. I thought you meant on this forum!

Go on, fess up - who are you on that forum then?

Actually reading that thread, someone agreed with me!