• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst drop in history

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
From what I've read (and seen) many "catches" went down in the leg-cordon; not surprising given the speed on and off the bat; things which convince me that certain writers were simply concoting chances when in fact it was not remotely realistic to claim they were such - something, funnily enough, there have always been writers who've done down the years, and equally there've always been those who've given a better impression. Something most people haven't actually looked at in detail, and find it hard to take that there is the odd person (me, for instance) who actually has.
i would take a guess that a man like david Frith would have done a hell of a lot of research into the subject

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
People have been saying it about England since West Indies (and erroneosly beforehand) - you have been no exception.
Yes, I said it when they did play well during the summer.

However please tell me where I have done this series.

About the only times they've played high quality were second innings of the 2nd Test, and 4th innings of the 4th.

And in both of those occasions SA weren't able to match them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
i would take a guess that a man like david Frith would have done a hell of a lot of research into the subject
I'd have imagined so, too - unless, that is, I'd scoured as far and wide as I could and found little or nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, I said it when they did play well during the summer.

However please tell me where I have done this series.

About the only times they've played high quality were second innings of the 2nd Test, and 4th innings of the 4th.

And in both of those occasions SA weren't able to match them.
I wasn't simply referring to you.
I was referring to the many people who have said SA (missing at various times Nel, Boucher and Boje - the only three who just about everyone would agree strengthen the side by their presence) was just another part of this victorious crusade for the current England side.
When in fact they've simply played similarly and been offered a much sterner challenge by a much stronger side.