• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**VB Series 2005 Australia,Pakistan,West Indies.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
West Indies look interesting to me...I really think Pakistan will be struggling to make the finals.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
West Indies look interesting to me...I really think Pakistan will be struggling to make the finals.
I think I would have to go with the West Indies to make the finals with Australia - they've played some useful one-day cricket over the last few months, and Lara, Gayle, Bravo, and Sarwan are the ones who will do the damage IMO.

Deja moo

International Captain
They should have included Kaneria in their ODI team. Considering Razzaqs illness and his bowling performance in the Fund raiser match (0-50 in 5 overs) , they really need good bowlers.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Windies

West Indies showed in the Champions trophy they are a better ODI side than test. With the power of Lara, Gayle and Sarwan up top and Dwayne Bravo and Dwayne Smith lower down the order, they should qualify for the final. Pakistan are in dissaray although they are also a better ODI than test side. Danish Kaneria should have been picked, what with the trouble with Shoaib Malik "throwing". Shahid Afridi needs to be on top form if they are to progress. Australia should qualify easy and are my tip for the tournament.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Deja moo said:
They should have included Kaneria in their ODI team. Considering Razzaqs illness and his bowling performance in the Fund raiser match (0-50 in 5 overs) , they really need good bowlers.
I don't think the Pakistani selectors rate Kaneria as an ODI player because he can't bat or field at all.

Their loss, though.......

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LongHopCassidy said:
I don't think the Pakistani selectors rate Kaneria as an ODI player because he can't bat or field at all.

Their loss, though.......
i dont think thats the reason, but i see what you mean.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha sorry and again - dont write off pakistan. youll see how strong they are, seriously, watch out. great batting strength and some good bowling. looking forward to watch azhar!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This is the perfect chance for australian selectors to dangle the chance for katich to play for aus again :D.

Im hoping West Indies give it a fist full.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
GoT_SpIn said:
This is the perfect chance for australian selectors to dangle the chance for katich to play for aus again :D.
Yes, dangle it infront of his [annoying] face for a few days, and then snatch it back again. No more for you!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
GoT_SpIn said:
This is the perfect chance for Australia to experiment with all the players they want to before WC 2007. Expect quite a few different Australian players tried and the ones doing good or showing promise being stuck with long term..

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i sincerely hope they give Boof a chance to open again, last time he opened he made 100!.... although i rate katich highly as an opener i just think that this could be the series that could set lehmann off, so to speak

Josh

International Regular
Good to see Mick Lewis getting a wicket on Sunday. Wasn't a great ball, tho. He bowled tidily I thought.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
12th Man said:
West Indies showed in the Champions trophy they are a better ODI side than test. With the power of Lara, Gayle and Sarwan up top and Dwayne Bravo and Dwayne Smith lower down the order, they should qualify for the final.
Dwayne Smith is *thankfully* not in the squad.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Do you really think I was serious about him being slower than a snail?...really!.
err you did say that he was extremely slow in the field, another one of your uneducated comments that you seem to be taking back. seriously, the only reason why bevan fielded in positions like third man was because he was the quickest to get to the ball in the entire side.

Mister Wright said:
Like parttimer said he has always had a terrible pair of hands, and has never been talked about in the same light as Ponting, Symonds and others.
no he never had a 'terrible pair of hands'. he had a decent but not brilliant pair of hands but in combination with his lightning quick speed int he field it it made him an extremely good fielder.and where have i talked him up as being as good as symonds, ponting etc? you said that bevan has gotten away with being a poor fielder for all his career

Mister Wright said:
Now, I know your in love with him as a batsman, but being a good/great batsman doesn't always equate to being brilliant in the field.
yes thank you for telling me something that i already knew. seriously only those who saw him towards the end of his career, which is you and whoever else said that bevan was a poor fielder on this forum would think that. because the fact was that he was a brilliant fielder for a major part of his career.