• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: love or hate

Murali: like or hate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Like stating the obvious to boost your post count don't you?
And of course no-one else ever does that, do they? 8-)
You're on a slippery slope here - before all that long you'll be trying to turn every one of my posts into something sinister.

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
age_master said:
hehe now we can 'no ball' him again ;)

^^^ Wow, how cool, show the entire world how narrow minded you are. Good luck with all that son. :wacko:

As for Murali I think he embodies everything that makes a true sportsman a great one. Selflessness during a time of extreme hardship. Self-confidence and an innate lack of arrogance.

The man is the United Nations representative in Sri Lanka, he does numerous charity work, and has an undying loyalty to his people, all of this combined makes him a true hero in my eyes.

Cheers
Soapy

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm a big fan of his, and the way he has carried himself since the disaster just impresses me even more. I like seeing him on the field, as you see he is a very competitive cricketer with immense skill. True, some of what he says is inappropriate and need not be said, but he's not alone on that boat.

Scallywag

Banned
Galactic_Soap said:
^

As for Murali I think he embodies everything that makes a true sportsman a great one.
Oh yeah, Howard thinks I chuck so I'm taking my ball and not playing in Australia any more.

:D :D

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
^^^ Yeah its as black and white as that. The Howard incident was the straw that broke the camels back, what right does that indignant excuse for a prime minister have to label him a chucker? It’s the prime minister of the country FFS not some Yobbo in stubbies, he’s copped right through out his career from Australia specifically so frankly I think he was justified not to come, but that’s another argument all together.

Scallywag

Banned
Galactic_Soap said:
^^^ Yeah its as black and white as that. The Howard incident was the straw that broke the camels back, what right does that indignant excuse for a prime minister have to label him a chucker? It’s the prime minister of the country FFS not some Yobbo in stubbies, he’s copped right through out his career from Australia specifically so frankly I think he was justified not to come, but that’s another argument all together.
No need to get in a lather. :D

C_C

International Captain
i think 'love' or 'hate' are too strong an emotion to be attached to people you dont know personally but i would definately rate murali on the positive side of the spectrum.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Voltman said:

Becuse the amount of relief work hes doing here is unbelievable. True other cricketers do alot of charity too. but this guy actually is working his a$$ out distributing stuff, cleaning all the broken houses and buildings, travelling all around the Island helping out tsunami victims. and also all what he's spending on these are his personal money. Isnt that great ?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
nookie_lk said:
Becuse the amount of relief work hes doing here is unbelievable. True other cricketers do alot of charity too. but this guy actually is working his a$$ out distributing stuff, cleaning all the broken houses and buildings, travelling all around the Island helping out tsunami victims. and also all what he's spending on these are his personal money. Isnt that great ?
Yes.

I still don't think that makes him the greatest human being in cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
I would say it's equal to the efforts of some other cricketers who have done charitable things (Steve Waugh for one springs to mind)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I would say it's equal to the efforts of some other cricketers who have done charitable things (Steve Waugh for one springs to mind)
But Steve Waugh's Australian...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Voltman said:
But Steve Waugh's Australian...
Yeah, but if somebody said this about Steve Waugh, there probably wouldn't be a group of people asking why somebody could possibly think it.

Give the guy a break - he's from Sri Lanka, his country was hit by a tsunami, and Murali has by all accounts been working very hard over there (and is loved over there regardless)... It's an emotional time.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Yeah, but if somebody said this about Steve Waugh, there probably wouldn't be a group of people asking why somebody could possibly think it.

Give the guy a break - he's from Sri Lanka, his country was hit by a tsunami, and Murali has by all accounts been working very hard over there (and is loved over there regardless)... It's an emotional time.
Fair enough.

Slow Love, why is it every time I see your avatar, I break into a note-perfect humming version of "Purple Rain"?

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
i disagree when u say its equal..... Steve waugh did help alot of people in India. but the people who steve waugh helped didnt know much about who he is..and true they were happy when he helped them...but Muralis case...the whole 19 million people living in Sri Lanka knows who murali is.... and when he goes to the devastated, poor villages, the people in there forget what actually happened to them. That Temporary happiness murali gives to them is priceless. i dont think any cricketer has gone that deep to anyones hearts. I'm not trying to put murali in the limelight...but trust me thats what really happenes. I know since i live here.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Voltman said:
Fair enough.

Slow Love, why is it every time I see your avatar, I break into a note-perfect humming version of "Purple Rain"?
I dunno - because you can't remember the words? :)

I think at the very moment that pic was taken, he was singing "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?" That song's a lot more forgettable though, so I doubt there's anybody out there humming that one...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
I dunno - because you can't remember the words? :)

I think at the very moment that pic was taken, he was singing "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?" That song's a lot more forgettable though, so I doubt there's anybody out there humming that one...
Touche...

I was more a fan of Kiss...

Status
Not open for further replies.