• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Langer Trying to mock akhter?

Langer recently gushed that he often found himself preoccupied by Akhtar as he lay in his bed at night.

"Justin dreams about him? I won't touch that," Gilchrist told guffawing reporters.

This appeared on Newspaper "the age".

I guess Pakistnis won't be happy to see their only match winner be ridiculed :p

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
langer's been quite outspoken of late...personally i wish he didn't make so many comments the media can pounce on.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langer is in good enough form to paste him, but thats still an audacious and arrogant comment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see what's arrogant about that comment. If I was preparing facing a quality pace bowler I'd be dreaming about him/her too, purely out of excitement, anticipation or nervousness.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
the comment of langers as written above is totally out of context, langer was actually complimenting akhtar in the interview.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't see what's arrogant about that comment. If I was preparing facing a quality pace bowler I'd be dreaming about him/her too, purely out of excitement, anticipation or nervousness.
But I don't think that's the way he meant to say it.

Slow Love™

International Captain
vandemataram said:
Langer recently gushed that he often found himself preoccupied by Akhtar as he lay in his bed at night.
In addition to "making an effusive display of affection or enthusiasm", gush also means "to emit a sudden copious flow".

So I think that The Shoaib should feel flattered. But Langer may well find himself beaten severely by Hayden in a fit of not-very-Christian jealous rage.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nikhil\Vande - I really do wish you'd stop posting post after post trying to degrade Pakistanis - just wait until the series, OK? It's getting incredibly boring.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Who really cares if Langer is mocking Akhtar? If Shoaib has any kind of maturity it wont make any differance.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Tony Blade said:
hehehe the guy races around the city in a bike.. I really dont think hes that mature
Must be a rather meaty one, with a big engine, and a lot of power. Maybe the Hayabusa? or Ninja?