• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one of the Don's Deathbed revelations!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Camel56 said:
In his dieing hours the mighty Don Bradman, easily history's greatest batsmen declared single-ply toilet paper to be far superior to the double-ply variety. Despite doing a better job of cleaning your @rse and providing a more comfortable whipe, the double-ply variety apparantly wasnt as good according to Don.

Don Bradman said it, it must be fact!
While I appreciate the humour intended, you have to understand that the comments about Murali were not made by the Don in his death bed. He had mentioned those things to his biographer during some informal meetings between them, so that they could be published whenever his book or memoirs or whatever was being prepared.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Camel56 said:
In his dieing hours the mighty Don Bradman, easily history's greatest batsmen declared single-ply toilet paper to be far superior to the double-ply variety. Despite doing a better job of cleaning your @rse and providing a more comfortable whipe, the double-ply variety apparantly wasnt as good according to Don.

Don Bradman said it, it must be fact!
Another point I would like to make is that the Don, having been such an amazing cricketer, can always claim the right to talk about cricketing matters, because he has the "Expert Authority" of having played at the highest level and having performed better than anyone else. I don't know whether he attained the same levels of greatness in toilet paper usage though. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Camel56 said:
Let me assure you Richo, you havnt even come close to getting the better of me even once.
Really? Be interesting to see what everyone else thinks about that.
8 hours per day, 5 days a week? My god you need to get outside some more. You'll get DVT sitting at that computer so much.
An exaggeration, now I think of it.
6\5 would probably be more accurate.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
If I may...I dont believe mentioning someone is an uphill gardener constitutes getting the better of them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Try amending that phrase to include, at the start, "About 50 times more than".
Might be getting somewhere then!