• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daniel Vettori

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
yes and then not long later, you'll talk about how ramprakash was a glaring success post 98.
And you'll say "not if you ask me he wasn't" and it'll all be nice and simple.

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
And you'll say "not if you ask me he wasn't" and it'll all be nice and simple.
and im getting tired of not responding to rubbish like that. it would be better if you didnt post it in the first place, especially when there was no necessity too.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
The pitch at the WACA was not a 'turner' by any stretch of the imagination, I watched the entire match and Vettori took his wickets by flight and guile and a lot of overspin and bounce. There wasn't significant sidespin for either spinner.

If it was such a turner then why did Damien Martyn bowl 10 overs in the NZ innings and Mark Waugh, an offspinner of some note bowl only 6.

tooextracool

International Coach
nzidol said:
The pitch at the WACA was not a 'turner' by any stretch of the imagination, I watched the entire match and Vettori took his wickets by flight and guile and a lot of overspin and bounce. There wasn't significant sidespin for either spinner.

If it was such a turner then why did Damien Martyn bowl 10 overs in the NZ innings and Mark Waugh, an offspinner of some note bowl only 6.
thank you!! finally someone who watched that game and actually remembers what the pitch was like.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
he certainly bowled really well in the two Trans-Tasman Tests and was very unlucky not to get a better average.
Hmm, interesting how you can apply this bowled well and was unlucky theory all of a sudden...

shaka

International Regular
Vettori seems to have this knack of raising his game when it comes to playing the Australians

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
That seems to be his trouble. He bowls well against Australia and can't do against anyone else. Even still his strike rate during this series was on the ordinary side. He bowled a lot of overs to get his wickets. I would say though that he bowled well without success.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Hmm, interesting how you can apply this bowled well and was unlucky theory all of a sudden...
If it happened for a long time I'd say otherwise.
It is perfectly within the realms of possibility to be unlucky in a game or two, as I've told you (and one or two others) many times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nzidol said:

Because they're both pretty rubbish bowlers, and it wouldn't really matter who bowled?
I really have no wish to go through this match again, I've done it so many times before, but I watched it too and I saw, beyond all question, Warne and Vettori turning plenty of deliveries.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
and im getting tired of not responding to rubbish like that. it would be better if you didnt post it in the first place, especially when there was no necessity too.
Well, except the identification of patterns in Vettori's career.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Because they're both pretty rubbish bowlers, and it wouldn't really matter who bowled?
Mark Waugh wasn't that bad a bowler actually. 59 Tests wickets at 41.16 and 85 ODI wickets at 34.56. Then there were his 208 FC wickets at 40.98 and 173 List-A wickets (same number as his highest score ironically) at 33.44.

thierry henry

International Coach
Vettori is an ok bowler. Above average, I would say. Considering the ups and downs of his career, I think the figures pretty much tell the story.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
thierry henry said:
Vettori is an ok bowler. Above average, I would say. Considering the ups and downs of his career, I think the figures pretty much tell the story.
can u tell me a spinner who has bowled as well as vettori to austalia recently?

seen as australia are seen as the worlds best in both forms of the games

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
cric_manic said:
can u tell me a spinner who has bowled as well as vettori to austalia recently?

seen as australia are seen as the worlds best in both forms of the games
Kumble home and away...