• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest plodders in international cricket history.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Vusi Sibanda, fair dinkum, i reckon Jason Gillespie's a better batsman
Scott "Cant Bowl Cant Throw" Muller, can anyone remind me why he played for Australia?

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its just an opinion, they seem to have a revolving door policy. If they kept a core squad of players together and developed them they would be near the top of the cricket tree where they should be on talent.

NZ had this same problem of throwing players away after one of two bad series. When does it end. To be a consistently good cricket team you need continuity not a team which is in a constant state of flux. This is why Australia is the best consistently, they may be able to be upset now and then, but the players know they have the confidence of the selectors and aren't playing for their place every game.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
nzidol said:
NZ had this same problem of throwing players away after one of two bad series. When does it end.

Maybe back in the mid 1990s but could you please tell me who you are refering to in the current time period?

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Camel56 said:
Snow Love - I dont appreciate you insolence and im sure my many loyal fans dont either.
I rate you Camel56. You clearly have some sort of knowledge with regards to cricket but are also quite witty and light hearted and like having a joke. Keep it up big fellah.

Camel56

Banned
Richard Rash said:
I rate you Camel56. You clearly have some sort of knowledge with regards to cricket but are also quite witty and light hearted and like having a joke. Keep it up big fellah.
Thanks Richard Rash, i appreciate your comments. Its a pity there arent more people like you on this forum.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Yea there are a few people with serious issues... eg being CG's ( cricket geeks ) I mean honestly who has time to make thousands of posts, and why take it soo seriously? Shouldn't you be out there giving the game a crack yourself?... Richard De Groen has to be up there along with Blair Hartland and Darren Murray

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Camel56 said:
Thanks Richard Rash, i appreciate your comments. Its a pity there arent more people like you on this forum.
You obviously never met his mate who appeared at the same time.

Fortunately his mate disappeared...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What an infitessimally pointless discussion.
There are thousands upon thousands whom are for all intents and purposes as bad as each other. If you wanted to manufacture a worst, you might as well pick names out of a hat.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard Rash said:
Maybe back in the mid 1990s but could you please tell me who you are refering to in the current time period?
I didn't say that we are doing it now, I said we used to do it. I meant when does it end as an overall summary of my thoughts on that policy.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
When i think of a 'plodder' all i can think of is Angus Fraser, i think my take on the word is different from the camel's

OT was Richard Rash's mate called Harry Hasty?

a massive zebra

International Captain
Richard said:
What an infitessimally pointless discussion.
There are thousands upon thousands whom are for all intents and purposes as bad as each other. If you wanted to manufacture a worst, you might as well pick names out of a hat.
But there is a definitive worst - Benjamin Aislabie.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard Rash said:
Ok i apoligise then
it was bloody crazy though aye. can you remember the days of blair hartland, darrin murray, michael owen, roydon hayes... there were some real shockers in there. Can you come up with any more, i know there were plenty! I remember that at one stage majority of first-class players in NZ had worn the black caps.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
nzidol said:
it was bloody crazy though aye. can you remember the days of blair hartland, darrin murray, michael owen, roydon hayes... there were some real shockers in there. Can you come up with any more, i know there were plenty! I remember that at one stage majority of first-class players in NZ had worn the black caps.
Haha Richard de Groen, Matt Hart, Mark Haslam, Blair Pocock, Murphey Su'a, Justin Vaughan, Robbert Keenedy, Greg Loveridge, Kerry Walmsley

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard Rash said:
Haha Richard de Groen, Matt Hart, Mark Haslam, Blair Pocock, Murphey Su'a, Justin Vaughan, Robbert Keenedy, Greg Loveridge, Kerry Walmsley
Haha, all those guys play club cricket in Auckland. Greg Loveridge, Mark Haslam, Kerry Walmsley. Haslam bats 11 even in club, the mighty DeGroen came from my club in Auckland, Cornwall. Best fieldsman, batsman ever.

David Sewell (1 game in Zimbabwe)
Matthew Bell (quite useful, but changed his setup every delivery he faced, + he stole a pie off me once!)

Camel56

Banned
What about Devon Malcolm? I remember that bloke was in and out of the England side. Couldnt bat at all and was a pretty ordinary bowler too.