• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring cricketer ever

Who is the most boring cricketer ever to watch??

• Muddassar nazar

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Keppler Wessles

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Michael artherton

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Jimmy Adams

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Shivnaraine chanderpaul

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Richie richardson

• dilip engsarkar

• Total voters

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
neutralguy said:
Most boring cricketer ever.
Rajin Saleh. He ducks the balls and is 4 feet some thing tall. People find him brave and exciting.

Duh.. the purpose of batting is not to protect yourself from getting hit by the ball but to actually make runs.

He just avoids the ball hitting his bat and his body and stays for ages on the crease without any intention of making runs. Funny if you look at this style for the first two times.

Extremely boring after that.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Though there is a thread in this forum with lot of players, i want to take a poll to see who wins this race.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Richie Richardson? What is he doing in this list?

Mark Richardson I would accept...

Bouncer

State Regular
Richi Richardson...dude did u ever care to watch him bat...he was one of the most exciting players to watch....and id never put Michael Atherton among the players who make one bore while battinbg, i always enjoyed his batting...to me one of the two best opening batsmen of 1990's...great technique..good strokes and all that one woul want.

U could have Gurusinha in that list of SL.

shaka

International Regular
I would have to say Chanderpaul. Especially when he was on more than 75 and heading for a well earned hundred

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
It would have to be "the corpse with pads on" - Bill Lawry.

Big nose = Big hose.

Or so Bill would have us believe.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
shaka said:
I would have to say Chanderpaul. Especially when he was on more than 75 and heading for a well earned hundred
Chanderpaul might win ugly tequnique batsman but certainly not boring, hes a flyer these days.

shaka

International Regular
That was from what I have seen of him, not throughout, I havent seen him for a few years now

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
shaka said:
who is Chris Tavare?
Chris Tavare - English opener from the 80's. He gets my vote. Mark Rampakash gets a nod too - although he was hardly out at the crease for long enough to get boring.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
who is Chris Tavare?
Sacrilege.

He was an England batsman from 1981 to 1983. Originally batting at 3, he was promoted to open when Gooch & Boycott got themselves banned for 3 years and Lamb became available. His role was to provide a solid backbone to the side whilst Gower, Lamb, Randall & Botham provided the thrills, but he took it to the nth degree. The Aus fans loved him in 1982/83. :p

Famously, Statto interrupted one of his more spectacularly boring innings (against India, IIRC), to offer him a seat as he had obviously worn himself out lovingly caressing the ball back to the bowler for hour after hour.

miheershah

Cricket Spectator
Jimmy Adams: Umpires Started Giving Leg Before when no shot offered after seeing him

OFF COURSE JIMMY ADAMS

The most boring cricketer i have ever seen . I remember his gutsy 178 in india at delhi when he played for 3 days and scored 178 he faced 550 odd balls and most of them where padded out..

And after that test innings Umpires became brave enough to gave LBW when no stroke is offered even though the nbatsman is to far Forward.

Miheer Shah

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
miheershah said:
OFF COURSE JIMMY ADAMS

The most boring cricketer i have ever seen . I remember his gutsy 178 in india at delhi when he played for 3 days and scored 178 he faced 550 odd balls and most of them where padded out..

Miheer Shah
Hell yeah, Jimmy Adams was a box-office nightmare!