• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan squad for Australia

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Lets Just Wait And See Shall We
We Mite Just Shock The World
As Inzimam Said The Pressure Will B On The Ozziz
To Keep Up There Rep

wahindiawah

Banned
PAKMAN said:
Lets Just Wait And See Shall We
We Mite Just Shock The World
Someone will get shocked by the results and i have a felling that the unfortunate person will be none otther than you!

i read somewhere Waseem Akram saying that Pakistan have no chance against Australia.

wahindiawah

Banned
Arrow said:
I think pakistan will get slaughtered.They last toured here in 99 and that team was far better than the current one,and australia is probably better than it was in 99 as well.
Their overhyped bowlers will get flogged and their brittle batting decimated.

Completely agreed!

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:
U can't be serious.!
what can u expect FORM A GUY who is getting his pay cheks form indian co- orporations ..

deep down he knows that pakistan is the " only team " that stands a chance!!

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Choora said:
They held Aus to one-all draw in Australia, that was certainly an achievement!
Australia had a no-good pace attack then ..
with their strike pace bowlers being injured ...

they were playing w/o mac grath and warne.. what else do u expect ??

take Mac grath,warne,and geellispe( Speling ! i know... ) out of the Aussie bowling equation .. and then see what we do to them !!

Last edited:

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
And Looks Like Sami Is In Form Aswell Now
And Muhammad Khalil Looks Good To
Im Sure We'll Giv Them A Good Fight :d

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
IF Sami tries to use his pace to good effect rather than break the land speed record, he'd be a more effective bowler, but why is Rana in a Test side?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
no idea y they even took rana there
he just gets thrasged all over
and his wickets are mostly flooks
and havnt seen him batting good either

wahindiawah

Banned
from_da_lost_di said:
what can u expect FORM A GUY who is getting his pay cheks form indian co- orporations ..

deep down he knows that pakistan is the " only team " that stands a chance!!
Here is what Akram has to say about Pak chances.(BBC sports)

Wasim - Pakistan face tough tour

Wasim captained Pakistan in two series in Australia
Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram believes the team have only a very slim chance of winning their forthcoming Test series in Australia.
"I have been there some 10 times in the last 20 years and I know how tough it is going to be there.

"In the past we went there with better and more experienced sides and still struggled," said Wasim.

"Pakistan has a lot of talent and ability but they lack experience and the fast bowlers are struggling."

Tour fixtures:
Pakistan in Australia

Pakistan's tour includes Tests in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney followed by a triangular one-day tournament with the hosts and West Indies.

They have never won a Test series in Australia and suffered a 3-0 whitewash in the last series between the two countries in 2002, when Wasim was skipper.

Australia have not conceded a home series for 12 years, when West Indies came out of five Tests 2-1 up.

The local side will also feature former Zimbabwe Test player Sean Ervine, who moved to Australia earlier this year.

----------------------------------------

Akram did said tha Pak has a very slight chance, so i guess i made a slight mistake in my earlier remarks.

wahindiawah

Banned
PAKMAN said:
no idea y they even took rana there
he just gets thrasged all over
and his wickets are mostly flooks
and havnt seen him batting good either
Thats coz they have lost Shabbir and GUl to injuries. They tried two pacers in some series (riaz and RAO) but they failed.So they went with old trio of Shoaib and Sami, with two rookies in Asif and Khalil and picked up Rana just coz he's a bit experianced.