• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
(6) Has the 'unique reason' got something to do with another sport ?
Q 6 - Yes.

SJS said:
Q 7 Is it of the 60's & 70's ?
Q 7 No.

Since no other questions are forthcoming, and its way way past my bedtime, I am heading there !! :D

Please feel free to post any more queries or questions in the meantime or even guesses !!

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Clue - Kamate Kamate Kaura Kaura
Kamate Kamate Kaura Kaura

I know at least one person who frequents this thread will be able to figure this clue !! (He only recently mentioned that he is upset because he hasn't got any trivia correct lately and was going through a bad run !! So this is my way of trying to help this poor soul!! :D :goof: :xmas: :newyear: :santa:

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Holder of a record ! Unique for another reason !!

:xmas: :newyear: :santa:

Q1 Is it a test record ?
Yes.
Q2. Is it a batting record ?
No
Q3. Is it a post WW2 record ?
Yes.
Q 4 . Has the player retired ?
Yes
Q5. Is the record of the fifties or earlier ?
No
Q 6. Has the 'unique reason' got something to do with another sport ?
Yes.

Q 7 Is it of the 60's & 70's ? No.

Clue - Kamate Kamate Kaura Kaura
Kamate Kamate Kaura Kaura

Tapioca said:
(8) Are those the 'lyrics' of hakka ?
Q 8 Yes. (But I was trying to help poor Brycey Boy , who is a bit down about not getting any right lately !! :( :( :down: :down: )

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Hint 2 - The previous clue has more to it than just the country !! Think about it !! :D

Why the silence Tapioca ?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK, So no ones made any attempts !! I am desperate get this over and done with !! (Since I am going to be away for next few days!!)

Here's Hint 3 .

Hint 3 - All Black.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Hint 4 - The record does not relate to a cricketing achievement !! But more to do with his health !! :D

bryce

International Regular
Is it Eric Tindill ?
He is the oldest surviving Test Cricketer aswell as the oldest surviving All Black.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
Is it Eric Tindill ?
He is the oldest surviving Test Cricketer aswell as the oldest surviving All Black.
Well Done Bryce !! :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy :notworthy

You Nailed It!!

Eric Tindall is the oldest surviving Test cricketer and All black and the uniqueness is that he is the only New Zealander to play Tests in cricket and rugby, having played (surprisingly) one of each !! (others have played Tests in one sport or the other or ODIs and rugby Tests but Eric Tindall is the only person to have played a Test for the All blacks and a cricket Test !!)

There you go mate, you are off your bad run now !! :D

bryce

International Regular
Who am I?

I had a very promising cricketing career until i was forced to quit the game due to a servere drinking problem. I hold a record which is unlikely to be matched.