• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Is it two of the Foster Brothers ?
Q7= no.

Early Clue:Only this future captain of England was of Test standard, every fan of Cricket in England and 95% of fans in Australia would know this players name, if nothing else.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Did this game take place in 1899 ?

If not only consider this - Did this game take place in 1897 ? :D

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Did this game take place in Australia ?

If yes, was it during Stoddart's tour of 1897-98.
Q10= no

Q two brothers played against each other, one playing for England the other for a different Country, name the player?

What we know:
The player in question goes on to captain England.
Every English Cricket fan would know his name at the very least.
The tour took place in 1897.

Here is a clue the tour was to the WIs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
You have done much better then I am doing with your Guru Q :D

Your turn 'Boy' :schmoll: :pokey:
:@ :laugh:

Question

Who wrote a biography published in 1975 about the first great black cricketer ? :)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Who was the book about ? kidding - of course it was about Learie Constantine.

Your turn !
I read the book about a year ago, I found it a bit of a struggle.

A mystery; name the kidnapee? (is this a word?)

A story which involves a Doctor, a kidnaping, a county, an international touring team, confused loyalities, a player whom has a record that no other Ashes player has, and a tragic death.

You win if you can name the player, but will be impressed if you can work out all of the references. :D