cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Razzaq...

Razzaq...

Oh come one...this guy deserves his own thread after leading the inexperienced pak bowling attack today. Excellent spell of bowling by the occasional all-rounder...take a bow razzaq!

He seems to perform better when given more responsibility, he is too often used as a stock bowler...his BOWLING talent needs to be harnessed not insulted. He is one of Pak's senior players and under the guidance of boby is definite captain material.

Is razzaq the best all-rounder of all time?...dam right!
    From the River to the sea, Palestine will be free!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    He bowls an average of 24 overs per match, so I think he's a bit more than an occasional allrounder... unless you regard an allrounder as some who takes wickets and scores runs, in which case he's hardly one at all.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    He bowls an average of 24 overs per match, so I think he's a bit more than an occasional allrounder... unless you regard an allrounder as some who takes wickets and scores runs, in which case he's hardly one at all.

How dare you talk that way about the greatest All-rounder to ever walk the earth.
    Bite your tounge!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakster
    How dare you talk that way about the greatest All-rounder to ever walk the earth.
    Bite your tounge!
    That's disgusting. I don't know what a tounge is, let alone where it's been!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    That's disgusting. I don't know what a tounge is, let alone where it's been!
    I think the following facial expression does more justice to my thoughts about that post than words can:

That joke went waaaay over my head...looks like I need some sleep!!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    [QUOTE=pakster]
    That joke went waaaay over my head...
    QUOTE]

Could it be because that the head stays very close to wherever the tongue , sorry tounge, goes ??

Kidding.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pakster

Is razzaq the best all-rounder of all time?...dam right!
    And I am Sir Francis Drake ? ......dam(?) right!

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Razzaq is an amazing player. He's already statistically one of the great ODI all-rounders, and already has so much experience behind him and so much youth on his side. However, you never know with Pakistan cricketers- Waqar Younis should have ended up with about 800 test wickets but he was senile by the time he hit 25, while Saqlain Mushtaq seems to be permanently out in the cold despite an astounding ODI record- why he was ever dropped is still beyond me, his alleged loss of form amounted to him averaging 30 for 20 or so matches.

Anyway, we all saw in NZ this summer what a freakishly talented batsman Razzaq is, if he can harness this consistently (which I doubt) he could be anything. His bowling record at ODI level is already very good, which I must admit baffles me somewhat.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I wouldn't say he's one of the great all-rounders just yet - his figures are useful, but his minnow performances (43 with the bat and 17.35 with the ball) somewhat enhance them.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

hez only gud some times u cant count on himmost of the time ,but wen its his his day hez brilliant

Razzaq is definately not the bowler he used to be. Those of us who watched him in WC 99 and Aus 99/00 would probably agree with that. His batting, on the other hand, is pretty dependable and has improved. [His bowling average in ODI's has been steadily decreasing - from somewhere around 24 it has come down to 29]

And he has been playing ODI cricket since 1996, he aught to have burnt out a little - specially since he started playing way too early for his own good.

This is true for all Pakistani bowlers, with the possible exception of Imran Khan and Wasim Akram. They rarely last past 32-33.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    razzaq's finest bowling performance will forever be his 5/31 vs SL in sharjah, he almost singlehandedly won that game with the finest example of reverse swing ive ever seen.
    SL were 157/1 at one stage, chasing 196, and they ended up getting all out for 196 and tieing the game.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    razzaq's finest bowling performance will forever be his 5/31 vs SL in sharjah, he almost singlehandedly won that game with the finest example of reverse swing ive ever seen.
    SL were 157/1 at one stage, chasing 196, and they ended up getting all out for 196 and tieing the game.
    Ya I remember that, wasnt that game a tie? IIRC there was one run to win and he cleaned bowled the last batsman

Quote Originally Posted by Sehwag309
    Ya I remember that, wasnt that game a tie? IIRC there was one run to win and he cleaned bowled the last batsman
    yes it was, i mentioned that later.
    should change 'almost singlehandedly won that game' to 'almost singlehandedly tied that game'.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sehwag309
    IIRC there was one run to win and he cleaned bowled the last batsman
    yep it was chama silva, clean bowled off an in swinging yorker. wasnt the first one who was bowled like that though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information