• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking Ahead...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
interesting stuff. I wish i could have watched ENgland play all these years but i dont have cable, wish I did.

Ok, now its time to get the crystal ball out and ask, What is the result of the ashes going to be?
The best (from Englands point of view) that I feel is 70:30 favouring Australia

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
It might just be me but it seems that everytime the hyped pakistani attack go up against quality batsmen ,they get smacked all around the park.
They just bowl fast and thats it.They dont really impress me at all.
Compared to the days of wasim and waqar,they are garbage.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
KennyD said:
interesting stuff. I wish i could have watched ENgland play all these years but i dont have cable, wish I did.

Ok, now its time to get the crystal ball out and ask, What is the result of the ashes going to be?
3-2 to England, sealed in a final session run-chase at the Oval in September, with Steve Harmison clubbing Shane Warne for six high into the stands, where I take the catch, to seal the win and return the Ashes home.

twctopcat

International Regular
I'll be sat in the row in front with the ball having gone straight through my hands......

Last edited:

twctopcat

International Regular
Looks good, i particularly like the "in-depth" statisics which can be used for analysis at a later date to determine the greates exeter spinner ever - the chucker or the druggie. :p

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
3-2 to England, sealed in a final session run-chase at the Oval in September, with Steve Harmison clubbing Shane Warne for six high into the stands, where I take the catch, to seal the win and return the Ashes home.
was that seen in the crystal ball, or in your dreams? haha

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
(OT) While you're here, have a look at this site, would you? Cheers.
Congrats NP (for starting this site) and all the best for the season).

As I was going through the site I was transported to my years in college. Wish there were technologies like this available then. I dont even have records af the matches we played in Delhi in those years except in the one tournament organised by the Delhi University for which (I suppose) one could contact them and hope for a reply :mellow: :mellow:

But then, we lived in the stone ages :p

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
(OT) While you're here, have a look at this site, would you? Cheers.
A good site which I'll have to read properly some time. I was at Exeter many years ago, although I was never remotely good enough to get near the Cricket XI. Happy days though - lots of memories of pausing for oxygen half way up Cardiac Hill and racing in from Christow in a vain attempt to actually make some lectures. Plus some of the best concerts I've ever had the privilege to attend.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
wpdavid said:
A good site which I'll have to read properly some time. I was at Exeter many years ago, although I was never remotely good enough to get near the Cricket XI. Happy days though - lots of memories of pausing for oxygen half way up Cardiac Hill and racing in from Christow in a vain attempt to actually make some lectures. Plus some of the best concerts I've ever had the privilege to attend.
Hehe... I've been up Cardiac a grand total of once, and don't intend to do so again!

ijaz

Cricket Spectator
Australia will dominate Pakistan, not all the way through the series but i do believe Australia will win the series easily, as for next years ashes, i believe that Australia are preparing themselves for the ashes now and will be in top notch for that series, i think it will be closest series in years, i still think the aussies have the edge (that could be a bit bias though) full credit to England though, much like their rugby team they are coming of age at the right time, very talented side.

twctopcat

International Regular
Hey neil there will be another friendly face from exeter on here soon, Mr Vaughan sound familiar? Was chatting to him last night about this very site and told him to have a look!

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
That's the one.. and we've seen how well all-seam attacks work out.
Worked wonders for the West Indies.

And it has worked for England on occasions in the occasions.

tooextracool

International Coach
if you have 4 quality test match fast bowlers then it certainly doesnt matter. of course hoggard can never be anything more than a support bowler outside england and anderson and/or jones havent proven anywhere near as capable.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
twctopcat said:
Hey neil there will be another friendly face from exeter on here soon, Mr Vaughan sound familiar? Was chatting to him last night about this very site and told him to have a look!
Michael or George?