• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indians are chokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Irfan Pathan comes from one of the poorest families in India, he deserves all the success and fortune he makes as he's seen some very tough times.

Mohammad Kaif as he said comes from a poor family as with Virender Sehwag (before he turned into a star).

The only people from a decent family (financially) were Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh and Anil Kumble.
Nehra comes from lower middle class, Harbhajan and Balaji from middle class. The days of the elite and their progeny dominating the places in the side have been behind us for two decades and more. I think some people here are mistaking the fact that they appear better educated (speak 'relatively' better English) with affluence.

Sehwag309

Banned
thirdumpire said:
Irfan Pathan's dad cleans a mosque for a living...
Mohd. Kaif's dad is a bus driver....

Some rich kids huh !
His father doesn't clean mosque, he is a Muezzin =The person calling out for people to come to the mosque to perform salat, the five-daily prayer of Islam.

Although saw in TV interview that he was a perfume retailer

Now, they have a house, a SUV and 2 crore ($400,000US) contract

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
masterblaster said:
Irfan Pathan comes from one of the poorest families in India, he deserves all the success and fortune he makes as he's seen some very tough times.

Mohammad Kaif as he said comes from a poor family as with Virender Sehwag (before he turned into a star).

The only people from a decent family (financially) were Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh and Anil Kumble.
When I heard that story about Pathan I really just smiled. It's great to see him playing after his hard times, and even greater to see his sucess :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
His father doesn't clean mosque, he still has the business of selling perfumes I believe

Now, they have a house, a SUV and 2 crore ($400,000US) contract
He doesnt clean the mosque (except as a devotee) but is the muezzin , the one who calls the faithful tp prayer. Thats how Irfan has spent so much time in the Mosque and also cleaned the mosque (again as any Indian devotee will do whether it is a mosque, a temle or a Gurudwara (sikh temple).

He does have a modest family background till his own earnings from cricket came in. His parents did not have a colour tv when he first played for India and went to a friends place to watch.

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:
His father doesn't clean mosque, he is a Muezzin =The person calling out for people to come to the mosque to perform salat, the five-daily prayer of Islam.
:oops: ok

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
TruthTeller said:
Indians are chokers.

I disagree with every one who says indians do not have mental strength.

In reality Indians are strong mentally. It is just that their body gave up eating all these vegetables and dal.

Indians need to eat more beef to strengthen their muscle and stamina to play long time.

Indians fail because they select only RICH kids who do not have physical stamina to fight it out.

There are more talented , stronger indians in Indians 80% (Poor people).

Their bone structure are stronger because of real physical work. Better genes. Unfortunately Indian politics and system are such that they won't let talented to come out top.

Indians need to look at americans , Americans let Blacks rule basketball ...all sports. They actually treat talented people irrespective of color. India has n't learned that yet.

India is most racist society in the world. Indian cricket team is an example of that.

Peace
TRUTH TELLER.
he makes some good points.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
i wonder if this thread is result because too much beef went to the head!!! Even sinners can repent, but stupid is forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.