• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Action Help

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hard tell from one pic, and I'm no great bowling coach by any stretch, but from what can be seen it looks like you get through the crease pretty well. On a casual look, you could maybe get a bit more out of your front arm - it's nice and high but it doesn't look like you're really pulling through with it. As I said though, I'm not much of a bowling coach and I'm sure there are others who could provide more substantive comment than me.

Good luck with it all.

Burgey

Also, as I understand the thinking on bowling mechanics these days, if your back foot is pointing down the pitch in delivery stride (can't see in the video) your front arm doesn't need to be so far across your body -you don't need to look behind your arm over your shoulder and should instead be more open chested. The experts say if your foot points down the track but your upper body is side on, it creates a lot more stress on your back.

At least, I think that's the current way of thinking.

SillyCowCorner1

Moment of ball release is too tight, the potential energy is less from that point of release.

I have used a stopwatch to calculate your speed. Provided that this is a 22 yard strip which you are bowling on, time taken from release to ball reaching me is 0.65 seconds.

That would be approximately 111.4 kph -> 69.2 mph.

Try to extend the point of release a bit higher and upload another video of it.

By the way, how old are? Are you playing any competitive cricket?

SillyCowCorner1

Oh, just saw. You are 16. Eat a lot of protein to help with muscle building. Drink warm cow milk before you go to bed. Do a lot of running.

steyngun150k

Cricket Spectator
I'm 16 and I play club cricket in Canada. Thanks all for the advice and I'll try to upload a better video this week.