• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Avg speed for a 18 year old?

Ahmed554

Cricket Spectator
Hi so i am 18 and a fast bowler so i clocked at 122 kph last time i bowled do you think i am behind in my group age and i know there is 18 year old professionals but i am talking about people like me,,,lol and i never did bowling ever before i just started like 3 months ago without any basic coaching or any advice from any fast bowlers so do you think i am good and my speed is avg as a 18 year old...appreciate your feedback a lot :cool:

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How was your speed measured?

122 kph is reasonable, but it depends a lot on how you develop over the next 3-4 years physically. If you haven't been playing for long then you'd also think you could improve your technique which might help.

Basically it depends on whether you've topped out at 122, or whether a few factors could see you add pace over the next few years.

Ahmed554

Cricket Spectator
How was your speed measured?

122 kph is reasonable, but it depends a lot on how you develop over the next 3-4 years physically. If you haven't been playing for long then you'd also think you could improve your technique which might help.

Basically it depends on whether you've topped out at 122, or whether a few factors could see you add pace over the next few years.
yeah 122 was my highest one but the thing is they measured it after i bowled for 1 hr so i was really exhausted so i really had to try hard idk if i can bowl more then that when i am fresh but you are right i really need to work on my run up because when i run toward the line it looks like when a kid runs and i also need to work on my jump cuz when i take a high or long jump i end up doing a wide or a very slow bowl due to lost of control...Thanks anyways buddy8-)