What does sangakarra use?
What does sangakarra use?
Update : So i have abandoned all the trigger moves now because i feel the shuffle was leaving me unbalanced and the B and A was not coming natural to me. I just stand still now with my head leaning forward and weight on the back foot as my neutral position. I concentrate heavily on keeping my balance and shape now and i have noticed a remarkable difference because im hitting better shots. My drives are on the ground and i feel im not coming too early on the ball. I also have been player a lot better on the balls that are aimed on my pads. Though i do vary my stance a little bit when the bowler is coming around. I take my front leg and open it up a little bit as i was finding myself getting hit on the pad from bowlers coming around(http://www.pitchvision.com/files/image/openstance1.png) . I havent started the 3 days a week mirror practice yet but i plan on starting it this week. Video coming soon
New Video : Cricket Practice - YouTube
Need some advice on how to overcome my fear of getting hit with the ball which is a major reason i dont pull and once the ball is pitched short i play stupid shots. I believe if i overcome that fear i will improve drastically in terms of feet movement cause once someone bounces me, its gets me thinking about the bouncer the next ball.
You back away from the shorter balls trying to play to the off-side. Get your bowler to come around the wicket and bowl at your butt! You learn the right footwork fast.
Get in to the love of the sting and the contest.
You either need to pull, let it hit your body with your bat away, or duck. I generally don't play the pull and the cut until I'm about 15-20, or feeling comfortable with the pitch and the way the bowler is bowling. I let them hit my body until that happens.
So i have uploaded a new video of practicing in the nets.
Cricket nets practice - YouTube
So i have made some changes over the past few months.
1. I am a lot lower in my stance ,and a lot more relaxed which has helped me tremendously with my balance.
2. My head is more still than it use to be
This in return has made me a way better front foot player than before. Though im still improving on the off, in games my leg side is very strong with those leg glances which score me most of my runs.
Some problems i still notice
1. My bat doesnt always come down from middle stump(not presenting the full face) which sometimes means when i want to hit straight, i cant and the ball towards toward midwicketish area.
2. Im not getting back and across on the backfoot shots which is landing me in trouble on the backfoot.Currently i stand uptall on leg(my guard) and play my backfoot shots of that.
3. Still scared of the bouncer(as evident).
4. Sometimes i still walk(like take a step extra) after playing the drive though this habbit is slowly vanishing as time passes
Need some exercises to move back and across on the back foot. Any other things u guys noticed feel free to point.
Just wondering if you could help at all with my batting.
I've been out 7 times this season and been bowled 5 of the 7. Just wondering if you could give me any tips from that.
Thanks a lot.
Reply would be much appreciated
Cricket World cup Final 2015 - YouTube World cup finalll