• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need help with fitness!

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi guys, I am trying my hardest to get into my county side, and if I'm gonna make it I am going to need to stand out, fitness being the best way. I believe I have the talent to make it but with 0 fitness who will want that... So, whats the best way to do this baring in mind I need CARDIO and I do go to school?!

timben83

Cricket Spectator
Loads of help in the web fitness wise.

If you can get your hands on a hart rate monitor that would help you do the most effective training, But getting fit does take lot's of work and dedication.

Interval training either on a bike, rowing machine or running.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Run on a regular basis (4 or 5 times a week), but don't start out too difficult, you'll just burn yourself out. Short 2-3km routes are fine, and you'll eventually build up a desire to run further. Taking up a conditioning-oriented martial art (e.g Wushu Kung Fu) can help with mental strength, fitness and flexibility, among other things too.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Thanks people, some great advice coming. came 24th out of 65th in my school so gotta up it a bit methinks.

pitchvision

Cricket Spectator
If you are looking for cricket-specific fitness then short distance sprinting is much better than long distance running. It emulates more realistically what you do on the field.

You can just do sprints a couple of times a week, or if that is a bit boring you can use a tape called BATEX to do your running during nets.