• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking for a new cricket bat

Rasterius

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys, I'm a junior cricket player in Australia and I'm looking for a new cricket bat during the off-season while I still train.
I am as big as any normal adult though and my previous bat a Predator 500 only available in WA was a really good light quality bat.
But now I feel it is not the type of bat required and I need a bigger bat to play all my shots.

I could go with the safe and expensive option of buying bats from well regarded cricket stores such as Meulemans Cricket Bats & Equipment Australia or I could try get a cheap deal off the net.
I have a liking for the SS Ton Matrix and while it is a rare sight in Australia I know it is the real bat many including ponting use. The official SS site lists it as 12800 Rp or 300 aus dollars.

A local dealer in my city SS TON MATRIX Mens Cricket Bat has it for $450 and if I have issues I can sort it out and I can personally talk and feel the bat.
However I see that I can have a cheaper deal with a website and even with shipping costs will be only $275 aus SS Ton Matrix Cricket Bat £149.99 - Cricket Supplies, Bats, Pads, Gloves, Shoes from Duck & Run.

Any advice on what I should do?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The good thing about buying from England is that you dont have to pay VAT so it is cheaper. The exchange rate is good at the moment too.

I prefer them to do the roll, sleeve and pre knock in for me too.

TAGG24

Cricket Spectator
Have you tried Screaming Cat as we have an Aussie in our team and they are good pieces of willow. Expensive but well worth it