Thread: confidence

Cricket Spectator

confidence

hey cricfolks, i am a pace bowler at medium and i am trying to improve my pace and accuracy but sometimes it does not go right because of my lack of confidece. when approaching in i think im too close no-ball could happen so i slow down otherwise i am too far i speed up and rest doesnt go right. any advice or help will be appreciated thanks.

Hey, welcome to CW forums, yes I was in the nets today and he had the same problem, I would just ask a coach for help or tweek with what you are doing, focus and concentrate, keep your eye on where you want the ball to go, y'know, go back to basics and work from there when you get that confidence back.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 5 years and counting!

Cricket Spectator
    thanks man, i will try.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Yeah, just focus on a place on the pitch you want to hit and forget about the popping crease. If it's your run up that is the problem try marking a spot on the ground and running from there, delivering the ball when it feels comfortable. Do this a few times and then pace out (or measure) the distance from starting mark to delivery. This is your run up.

You can then forget about worrying about the popping crease and concentrate on where you are going to land the ball.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Spectator
    I am also a bit fat, almost overweight to be honest, 16 year old and 69kg. But i am exercising and have lost some weight. Does my body weight make my bowling harder. Also how much would you recommend how long to exercise each day.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Seanyjb10's Avatar
    Depends on what you mean m8 as in gym workout or running or just at home doin press ups

I wouldn't think your're weight affects it drastically, I mean look at kallis and Flintoff they're of a bigger build but their bowling at 90!!

"Aim low to avoid disappointment" P.R. Hawkes

Cricket Spectator
    Thanks sean, you did make me feel better. By the way i do a treadmill for 30mins it is hard moderate workout and i do sweat.

Thread Information