• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jakes pre season cricket log

Jakester1288

International Regular
OK, firstly, welcome to my log.

So I've taken a bit of a break from the weights, training, whole working out thing. I'm back now, and am ready to go again. I plan on starting fresh, again with light weights, good form, and be a lot more cricket specific.

I have some old cricket magazines that have plenty of training ideas, hints, tips and the like, and am going to use them regularly. I am going to do cardio often. I am not going to be following a high protein diet like I have previously, rather just make healthy choices more often, combined with my exercising.

Program:
Monday - Back, Biceps, Forearms
Wednesday - Legs
Friday - Chest, shoulders and triceps

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday will be bodyweight workouts, cardio and cricket specific exercises and training. Wish me luck!

Tom M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I don't understand why you're training like a bodybuilder.

I suggest you go to www.rosstraining.com, he'll explain about sports specific training.

Weight training is a very important part of training for cricket, but training like a bodybuilder will not help your cricket. If you want more information, feel free to visit my website www.getfitforcricket.blogspot.com, I've written an article about bodybuilding.

If bodybuilding is your goal, good luck. If becoming a good bowler is your goal, I really think you'd be better off rethinking your plan.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I don't understand why you're training like a bodybuilder.

I suggest you go to www.rosstraining.com, he'll explain about sports specific training.

Weight training is a very important part of training for cricket, but training like a bodybuilder will not help your cricket. If you want more information, feel free to visit my website www.getfitforcricket.blogspot.com, I've written an article about bodybuilding.

If bodybuilding is your goal, good luck. If becoming a good bowler is your goal, I really think you'd be better off rethinking your plan.
Spot on.:happy: