• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling and catching

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

Yesterday I had my very first training ever and it was awesome, the other teammates are very nice and I alreadu learnt a lot.

My batting was very good :happy: altho I still struggle with bowling and catching the ball on a decent way without hurting every single bone in my hand.

I know practice is the key element to victory but I was actually hoping if you could recommand a decent site were I could visualize the techniques and spend the next couple of days practicing this.

Cheers

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
To be honest, just start with the basic technique, practice that one and then start working on my style.
Altho I will field I think I will let the more experienced bowlers bowl. It's my rookie season

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Okai,

After the first decent/ Serious training this is the result.
Bowling is getting there, I manage to imptove my techinque each training but at this point I can only throw the ball on a correct way if I skip the run. So actually I'm throwing without much power, if I do run the ball seems to take over control and ends up somewhere else.

I know and realise practice is the key element in improving my game but if anybody has some got tips to improve my bowling, thanks a lot :happy:

Batting was awesome, hit my first big 6 and had 2 boundries aswell, pretty happy about that. Altho the coach said I should be a bit more relax.

Fielding went pretty good aswell, those video's by Paul Collingwood on youtube are pretty good to learn basics.

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am going to be playing in pro ten tournament this year on a astro turf wicket...two overs per bowler...so which type of bowler should i utilize most amongst fast, medium, spin bowlers? Where should i be pitching the ball in this format of the game? line and length?

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
The few astro turf wickets i've played on seem to really zip through with a bit of bounce, so i would recommend your fast bowlers and medium bowlers just bowling back of a length looking for the edge, not short, but back of a length and with the zip it is hard to get on top of, but also hard to get on the front foot to.