• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling action

Dydl

International Debutant
I've been asked by my friend, courtesy of his younger sister, who's bowling in the video, to show some footage of her bowling, and get some feedback. So here are three short videos of her bowling.

Personally don't think the left leg looks right, and the follow through too. Just interested in what you think.

Thanks.

YouTube - Bowling
YouTube - Bowling 2
YouTube - Bowling 3

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Would be good if we could get a front on view, but from side on there doesn't seem to be any sort of follow through. The hips and chest don't seem to drive through at all, meaning she basically just stops after delivering the ball, so that'd be the main thing I'd reccommend trying to change. Not sure what the gripe with the left leg is though, seems to be pretty straight, doesn't appear to buckle at all. Just the follow through for me.

Howsie

International Captain
Maybe you could get her to do her action a real pace, eg with her proper run up. It's sort of hard to help when she just strolls in there. Looks pretty decent though, like KP said just a get more momentum through her follow through,

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
2 classic mistakes. First falling over to the right handers off side and second the hip not driving through.

It's tricky to caoch over the interweb but work at driving both the head and right hip more forwards towards the target.