Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: MVP Predictions

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Not just people here, Pakistan have picked a team for "English conditions" as well according to Inzamam. You can forgive fans for missing this but for an international team management to not be aware of latest trends and what to expect in a global tournament.

    George Dobell on how English pitches have become markedly more batsman-friendly | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    I have never rated Inzamam as a "thinking man" so it's no surprise he is having such a **** up with selection. Having said that, the Pakistan ODI squad is quite well put together. I would just have a couple changes: Azhar would have to go and Shah should really be in. The best leggy in the world in tests can't get a shot at an ODI?

  2. #32
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    22,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Not just people here, Pakistan have picked a team for "English conditions" as well according to Inzamam. You can forgive fans for missing this but for an international team management to not be aware of latest trends and what to expect in a global tournament.

    George Dobell on how English pitches have become markedly more batsman-friendly | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    How do you feel about Inzi's comment now? (Genuine question).
    zorax and indiaholic like this.
    Vote for CW top 50 ODI cricketers of all time here

  3. #33
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    23,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Smith will ton up at least twice so my moneys on him.
    Not just at this post but all the posts picking Smith to be the MVP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Bumrah
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Also, Bhuvi.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    RoHIT man
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Bhuvi a dark horse imo. He'll love English conditions.

    All good calls..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  4. #34
    vcs
    vcs is online now
    Hall of Fame Member vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    16,841
    If Pakistan win this tournament, the funny thing is it will not necessarily have vindicated their selection. It will be down to their players peaking at the business end of an extremely short tournament. That's the weird thing about Pakistan's cricket, the complete randomness.

    What they should learn from this, is that they need to stop being so wary of trying out talented young players. Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab etc. have been a breath of fresh air. Move on from guys like Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shehzad etc. in the long term. I see teams like India and England these days are far less conservative with giving younger players opportunities, especially in limited overs, and it has definitely helped in creating very good bench strength.
    zorax, smalishah84 and indiaholic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.


  5. #35
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,293
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    If Pakistan win this tournament, the funny thing is it will not necessarily have vindicated their selection. It will be down to their players peaking at the business end of an extremely short tournament. That's the weird thing about Pakistan's cricket, the complete randomness.

    What they should learn from this, is that they need to stop being so wary of trying out talented young players. Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab etc. have been a breath of fresh air. Move on from guys like Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shehzad etc. in the long term. I see teams like India and England these days are far less conservative with giving younger players opportunities, especially in limited overs, and it has definitely helped in creating very good bench strength.
    I think that was a bit of a misbah mindset as well, and now that he is gone completely from the scene we are seeing a lot more changes. Let's hope the changes are not just a one off but a change in culture
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  6. #36
    State Regular Bouncer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    A51
    Posts
    904
    Love the fact that Player of the tournament went to a bowler, I mean in this day and age of flat surfaces, huge bats, when was the last time we had a bowler win play of tournament award?

    as an old school cricket fan, this (bowler winning MoT award) makes me happy
    zorax and honestbharani like this.
    Twitter @3Bouncers

  7. #37
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Love the fact that Player of the tournament went to a bowler, I mean in this day and age of flat surfaces, huge bats, when was the last time we had a bowler win play of tournament award?

    as an old school cricket fan, this (bowler winning MoT award) makes me happy
    Quite literally the last major ICC ODI tournament?
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Predictions
    By Teja. in forum Season 1 Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-05-2011, 06:57 AM
  2. Predictions
    By Trumpers_Ghost in forum 2009 ICC World Twenty20
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 29-06-2009, 03:27 PM
  3. My predictions
    By pasag in forum Cricket Web Predictions League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-06-2007, 03:58 AM
  4. NRL Predictions
    By nibbs in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •