Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: MVP Predictions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Not just people here, Pakistan have picked a team for "English conditions" as well according to Inzamam. You can forgive fans for missing this but for an international team management to not be aware of latest trends and what to expect in a global tournament.

George Dobell on how English pitches have become markedly more batsman-friendly | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    I have never rated Inzamam as a "thinking man" so it's no surprise he is having such a **** up with selection. Having said that, the Pakistan ODI squad is quite well put together. I would just have a couple changes: Azhar would have to go and Shah should really be in. The best leggy in the world in tests can't get a shot at an ODI?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Not just people here, Pakistan have picked a team for "English conditions" as well according to Inzamam. You can forgive fans for missing this but for an international team management to not be aware of latest trends and what to expect in a global tournament.

George Dobell on how English pitches have become markedly more batsman-friendly | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    How do you feel about Inzi's comment now? (Genuine question).
    zorax and indiaholic like this.
    Vote for CW top 50 ODI cricketers of all time here

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Smith will ton up at least twice so my moneys on him.
    Not just at this post but all the posts picking Smith to be the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Bumrah
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Also, Bhuvi.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    RoHIT man
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Bhuvi a dark horse imo. He'll love English conditions.

All good calls..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

vcs
    If Pakistan win this tournament, the funny thing is it will not necessarily have vindicated their selection. It will be down to their players peaking at the business end of an extremely short tournament. That's the weird thing about Pakistan's cricket, the complete randomness.

What they should learn from this, is that they need to stop being so wary of trying out talented young players. Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab etc. have been a breath of fresh air. Move on from guys like Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shehzad etc. in the long term. I see teams like India and England these days are far less conservative with giving younger players opportunities, especially in limited overs, and it has definitely helped in creating very good bench strength.
    zorax, smalishah84 and indiaholic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    If Pakistan win this tournament, the funny thing is it will not necessarily have vindicated their selection. It will be down to their players peaking at the business end of an extremely short tournament. That's the weird thing about Pakistan's cricket, the complete randomness.

What they should learn from this, is that they need to stop being so wary of trying out talented young players. Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab etc. have been a breath of fresh air. Move on from guys like Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shehzad etc. in the long term. I see teams like India and England these days are far less conservative with giving younger players opportunities, especially in limited overs, and it has definitely helped in creating very good bench strength.
    I think that was a bit of a misbah mindset as well, and now that he is gone completely from the scene we are seeing a lot more changes. Let's hope the changes are not just a one off but a change in culture
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Love the fact that Player of the tournament went to a bowler, I mean in this day and age of flat surfaces, huge bats, when was the last time we had a bowler win play of tournament award?

as an old school cricket fan, this (bowler winning MoT award) makes me happy
    zorax and honestbharani like this.
    Twitter @3Bouncers

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Love the fact that Player of the tournament went to a bowler, I mean in this day and age of flat surfaces, huge bats, when was the last time we had a bowler win play of tournament award?

as an old school cricket fan, this (bowler winning MoT award) makes me happy
    Quite literally the last major ICC ODI tournament?
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information