• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
I can't do the cool links to other people's messages like the rest of you:-( So this is FAO HDS

I think you can pretty much write off the last Match as a freak result. Can't think of a lot to say other than repeating what I said last season, I have the best three or four players on either side, but you've got much more strength in depth - Which should make for a good contest. Against the length of your batting line-up, I should really bin the safety blanket and play the extra bowler, but I'll more than likely bottle it by Friday - Especially as you're pulling Mir Seam these days! BTW, without meaning to sound rude, how are you managing that? Isn't your best seamer Exc'ish? Mind you, I'm guessing the difference is that all your seamers are exc'ish?

Thought it was going to be a really tough league at the start of the season, but, other than you, the title challengers have fallen away remarkably early on. Though having said that, the real pain-in-the-arse thing about our league is that all eight sides are good enough to spring a freak result if you drop your guard, or BT decides to have a Scaly Special on you!

More than promotion (Which would be at best a mixed blessing), I need to keep winning to sustain my inflated morale, as my expansion to 50K should be completed in time for our match on Friday. I must be doing something seriously wrong, as I can hardly make my team break even, and everyone else in our league seems to have ten or fifteen mill to chuck on players!?

Later, Trev

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, both my main seamers are "exceptional" but I suspect they're both close to a skill increase too. Not sure if that makes too much difference though.

I certainly don't have $10-15m to spend on anything. I'm currently breaking even by making plenty of money during home first class weeks and then making small losses when playing home one-dayers (and a whacking loss with no home games).

The drop from 8 team first class leagues to 6 team first class leagues (and presumably losing 2 home games as a result) could be costly for me.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Gradley picks up a club record 9-19 (while the much better Lancaster gets 0-26) against Doobie Bombers to put us through to the cup quarter finals. Might start paying attention again to try to win the cup, have dropped to 7th in OD. If I lose my cup match this weekend I'll sell off my players and possibly buy a new team next season, pretty bored atm.

nibbs

International Captain
now now. that's a nice record there, adam. but it's not tha record that you really seek...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Lost what I thought would be a slightly-harder-than-routine win today. PAN'd with good PFL across the board but couldn't knock off the opposition. Got OK ratings though -

Anchormen
Top Order: exquisite
Middle Order: quality
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: miraculous
Spin Bowling: sensational
Fielding: mediocre

Reckon I would be getting elite seam/masterful spin on GFI with some luck.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Okay, advice needed from those of you more au-fait in the transfer market than me...

How much should I hope to get from been-there-from-the-start club legends Reed and McGregor?

23.Mark Reed - 30 yo, BT Rating=46,464
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: wonderful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble

13.Roland Mcgregor - 32 yo, BT Rating=13,551
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has competent batting form, mediocre bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Fielding: abysmal

Do people buy 30+ players?

I'll really miss them, being that they were my two star batsmen in season 1 and are both still scoring runs for the 1st XI. McGregor's 54 competitive OD fifties and Reed's 52 put them just behind the upstart Sandwith, and McGregor still holds the record modern era Withington Wonderers OD score -- 189*.

HeathDavisSpeed

More than promotion (Which would be at best a mixed blessing), I need to keep winning to sustain my inflated morale, as my expansion to 50K should be completed in time for our match on Friday.
A victory for HDS by 52 runs to avenge the thrashing sustained in our last encounter.

Cymru Gurgitaters Connells Estates CC
Top Order: miraculous remarkable
Middle Order: quality wonderful
Lower Order: mediocre respectable
Seam Bowling: exquisite phenomenal
Spin Bowling: remarkable wonderful
Fielding: mediocre mediocre

MOTM: Ireland

43k attendance for Trev would be a nice bonus though. This result now puts us level pegging on points at #1 and #2 in our One Day League. Assuming that I can defeat ReSpite CCC who have a 500,000 bowler who usually rips me apart, then it could come down to a rematch on the final match day of the season to decide the top spot.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
43k attendance for Trev would be a nice bonus though. This result now puts us level pegging on points at #1 and #2 in our One Day League. Assuming that I can defeat ReSpite CCC who have a 500,000 bowler who usually rips me apart, then it could come down to a rematch on the final match day of the season to decide the top spot.
Spitey! He's a mate of mine. Not seen the bugger in ages, come to think of it. He hardly seems to post on BT nowadays, either.

andyc

Bryan Hamilton - 18 yo, BT Rating=26,940
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bideford Haymakers Jaffna Jets
Top Order: exquisite exceptional
Middle Order: superb remarkable
Lower Order: woeful feeble
Seam Bowling: remarkable sensational
Spin Bowling: exquisite miraculous
Fielding: feeble mediocre

Rolled them for 46 with Jiethoon taking three wickets (plus two run outs) and we chased it with 10 wickets in hand. In to the semis now.

Still can't crack 200 mark due to fatigue. Might drop nets next week, will see who we get.

nibbs

International Captain
sold out my 56,000 seat stadium on saturday. biggest crowd in nz over the weekend. 413k later...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
23.Mark Reed - 30 yo, BT Rating=46,464
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: wonderful Concentration: remarkable

Listed at £3,333,333...although I'll most probably buy him back if he doesn't fetch £4M.

I'm not expecting anyone on here to go for him, given his age, but he should keep going for 3-4 years.

Only one training pop this week -- Buckley, my senior AR trainee, hitting Respectable fielding. That puts him over the 100k BTR mark, only my second player to do so. I reluctantly stopped training Fish at 96k.

HeathDavisSpeed

14.Bob Tiny - 19 yo, BT Rating=19,638
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: proficient Consistency: superb
Fielding: worthless

Listed for $1.5m. No bids so far. Quite disappointing.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Here's my superstar.

Malcolm Norton - 18 yo, BT Rating=35,930
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: quality
Bowling: feeble Consistency: respectable

Son Of Coco

Racked up 208 in last weeks game against the team below me and thought I might have a chance playing a good spinner and a decent spinner on a dusty track. Turns out none of my bowlers took a wicket and they got there easily. Their top two batsmen weren't great either...thought I'd get at least one of them out and the next guy in had a rating of 5000...****ing Battrick.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Racked up 208 in last weeks game against the team below me and thought I might have a chance playing a good spinner and a decent spinner on a dusty track. Turns out none of my bowlers took a wicket and they got there easily. They're top two batsmen weren't great either...thought I'd get at least one of them out and the next guy in had a rating of 5000...****ing Battrick.
It absolutely annoys the crap out of me when you're up against a side with exactly two good batsmen and naff all else...and you can't get either of them out.

GRRRRRRR.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Tim Mccammon - 17 yo, BT Rating=13,692
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, competent bowling form and fair fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Gonna be so gun.