• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 29 (Maiden, 4lb). Killers CC: 138-0, runrate=4.76
Overs left today: 81
Squires 6-1-19-0
Hughes* 66 (84 balls)
Siems 61 (90 balls)

Weak opposition, should win comfortably.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Deccy'd 4/452 and have them 1/45 after 23.

Their team is complete **** against me now, at the start of the season we weren't beating them to the extend we are now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I cant believe it. A respectable-mediocre trainee of mine sold for 12000 at the same time another med-med trainee was going for 10k. Either some lucky guy got a bargain or some fool ripped themselves off.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Justin Murdock - 20 yo, BT Rating=39,592, Wage=£14,393

A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: strong
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Fantastic young trainee. Two weeks from sensational. Listed for 2mil. Early bids appreciated. :)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Lee Carey - 18 yo, BT Rating=20,374, Wage=£1,733
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form and lively fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Owen Verma - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,186, Wage=£720
A cautious RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, abysmal bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Carey can come off the stamina net now, I have Caulfield on Strong stamina who could use the 2-3 more weeks required to finish his stamina off.

Now on a 11-0 OD record for the season. I must surely have the weakest of all the Div 5 leagues.

Jakester1288

International Regular
43. Prateek Sethuraman - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,077, Wage=£487
A defensive LH batsman and a defensive LFM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Coming along nicely. Now my first choice keeper batting wise, will probably keep him netted heavily all next season then get him into the first XI the season after.

nibbs

International Captain
Pearson, a product of my academy, becomes my 9th player to superb stamina. Sutton is 2 weeks away from becoming the 10th.

Sammy Pearson - 20 yo, BT Rating=65,205, Wage=£16,698
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: wonderful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 40: 169-3, runrate=4.23, reqrunrate=7.20 (240-5)
Manbodhe 10-0-66-1
Mcclaren* 77 (99 balls)
Breen 40 (79 balls)

Last Wicket: Raisani c. Hai b. Manbodhe 25 (FOW: 48/3)

Good partnership, just a tad slow though.

Only my second xi v my mate, so not gunna be fuming if I lose this.

EDIT: Mcclaren goes, Spillane (former first XI'er) in. Hoping I set him to very attacking. 6 first ball, hoping he shreds Benjamins bowling.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Nousel Illangakoon - 19 yo, BT Rating=60,903, Wage=£10,358 Part of the Sri Lanka U19 squad
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: quality

My first player to superb*.

Jakester1288

International Regular
And that's the end of the match. korora primary won by 2 runs.
korora primary 240-5
Killers CC 238-5

End of Over 50: 238-5, runrate=4.76
Adri 10-0-57-3
Brill* 9 (7 balls)
Spillane 48 (27 balls)

Spillane almost got me home, just shy in the end. Oh well, his second XI is > mine anyway.

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
Am 2nd in both my Leagues, 2 way race for promotion in each- play main rival on the last day in both cases, which should be interesting.

On the theme of Battrick, 4th Innings totals- what are the general records and what are other users highest/most noteworthy totals?

Steulen

International Regular
Have started playing as well. Play in The Netherlands, so unfortunately no FC for me.

Also, I took over the team after week 3 when it had suffered 2 OD losses and 3 BT20 losses. Still haunting me, won't be able to get promotion in either form because of it. Anyway, if you fancy a friendly, just challenge Clydeside CC. And if there's another CW Battrick Cup, count me in.

Bobisback

International Regular
Went through my Div V T20 league undefeated. Also had an undefeated season in Bangladesh, including the cup. (assuming I can beat bots)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Put in a tentative 1k bid for a respectable-abysmal Kenyan trainee. Pretty good bargain being I have the nets.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Picked up a very important win in my OD game today, my team played pretty well. I really needed to win this game to have any chance of not demoting back down division 5 OD. I can still demote and will probably have to win both of my remaining OD games to deafinately stay alive. I've come annoyingly close to some upset OD wins in the last few weeks and today I bowled first on a hard and fast pitch. The bowling I was pretty pleased with, my gun bowler picked up two wickets and only went for 34 runs off his 10 overs. The death bowling though was really dire and my opposition ended up with 290. I am never confident with my team chasing down big totals, my batting has been decent this season but there has been no centuries in my OD season so far from my batsmen. I managed to chase the total down in the 49th over :) My opener batted through the innings to make 124 not out and it was really pleasing, he had scored a fewn 50's in the last couple of rounds and this is exactly what I wanted from him. My number 5 batsmen Bevan came in at a crucial time and smacked a century of about 91 balls, has been in gun form lately and he does really well in the number 5 spot.

Their is still a few fair issues though for my team. I'm pretty low on money and morale and I need money for next season, my best batsmen isn't scoring runs at any position and it's very frustrating and he isn't alone when it comes to star players not performing consistently but he has been the main culprit. I won't be too disappointed if I get demoted back into division 5 though, it would give me a chance to get back some money and improve my team for when I return back to division 4 because I know what the standard is like.

Team is improving though and I'd like to think I've gotten better tactically.