• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK, most seemed to agree that posting this was a good thing.

The observant viewer will note that the draw doesn't appear to be entirely random; groups were connected together at random, with first place of one group playing second in another and vice versa, and teams from the same group can not meet until the final.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Nibbs might have to wait another season for revenge it seems. Hopefully Dalmeny CC remember about this in time. Wouldn't mind playing them in the 2nd round. Like the look of the potential side of draw.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Is the draw an attachment? I'm I being particularly blind? I can't find it anywhere! Please could one of you cut and paste it into a post?

Tar,Trev

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sorry Trev, really should have thought of that. My bad.

Here it is:

Winner Group H v Runner-up Group G
Runner-up Group B v Winner Group C
Runner-up Group E v Winner Group F
Runner-up Group A v Winner Group D
Winner Group A v Runner-up Group D
Runner-up Group F v Winner Group E
Winner Group G v Runner-up Group H
Winner Group B v Runner-up Group C

You're in Group D, so will play teams from Group A, that is Scaly or Whenuapai.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Sriram challenged. Thanks for that Mork. No offence to Nibbs, but I don't think there'll be any danger of either Sriram or I tactically throwing our match!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Heh, looks as though I'll be bowing out in the QFs!

:(

Mørk – I'll challenge you tonight. Feel free to challenge me if you're logged into BT, and I'll accept.

Agent TBY

International Captain
You're in Group D, so will play teams from Group A, that is Scaly or Whenuapai.
Such a dire draw. I'll try to save myself some embarrassment by finishing top, though.

EDIT: Oh, for ****'s sake. It's either Scaly or F00lins. Devil and the deep sea, imo.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Thanks for the challenge Mørk -- accepted.

BTW, I'd just like to say how well the cup's been run this season.

*impressed*

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Scaly; I've set my orders to bowl first if we win the toss. Would like a full 50 overs at a high class team, see how my bowlers fare.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any chance of the 3rd and 4th placed teams from each group going through to a 'Plate' type eliminator competition - similar to that in the rugby sevens. The draw could be the same as for the 'Cup' competition, just replace '1st' with '3rd' and '2nd' with '4th'

What do people think??