• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea the form makes it more complex, I'd estimate his true BTR to be around 32,000, about midrange which doesn't tell us much.

The secondaries/keeping take off 560-1080 from the wages, so that leaves the two strongs at least halfway on average (so one might still be low and the other high etc.)

The secondaries should be a little lower than midway on average.

So anyway there's hidden bonuses there in primaries and secondaries, just have to find them out by training him.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How far away is he from popping to either remarkable bowling or proficient cons, Craig?

Code:
Karl Willetts (813002)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime 
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience. 

Plays For: Jaffna Jets 
Nationality: West Indies 
Battrick Rating: 18,416 
Wages: £6,056 p/w 

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble 
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless 
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable 
Fielding: woeful
Sold my 5th bowler (prof/comp/comp) for 556k, a 40k profit. Got 2.2 mil in the bank but i think im going to wait till i have enough money to buy the right type of payer to fill my 5th bowling position.

I want Willetts to bowling in the middle and late overs, as he struggles with the new cherry as he gives away too many runs. So i really need someone who can keep it tight with Jeithoon.

Looking for a strong or superb fast bowler with either the same or a level below in cons. There are a couple guys that interest me on the market but i think they will end up outside my price range.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Gavin Gibbons (1407088)

LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Ballarat_United
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 4,890
Wages: £698 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

I'm not very good at predicting pops, but I just bought this guy. He's freshly promoted. Does it look like there could be a bowling pop any time soon if I put him on just one net?

Scaly piscine

How far away is he from popping to either remarkable bowling or proficient cons, Craig?

Code:
Karl Willetts (813002)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime 
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience. 

Plays For: Jaffna Jets 
Nationality: West Indies 
Battrick Rating: 18,416 
Wages: £6,056 p/w 

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble 
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless 
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable 
Fielding: woeful
Looks at least mid-way to remarkable, could be high quality depending on his consistency.

Scaly piscine

Gavin Gibbons (1407088)

LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Ballarat_United
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 4,890
Wages: £698 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

I'm not very good at predicting pops, but I just bought this guy. He's freshly promoted. Does it look like there could be a bowling pop any time soon if I put him on just one net?
Can't tell, they've generally high sublevels but they could be anything. The wage says batting should pop in at most 8-9 weeks, from that information it would help gauge when the bowling will pop. The longer the batting takes the quicker the bowling will pop and vice versa.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
NZ Tailender (Tawonga Tigers) is looking for a friendly this week if anybody's interested? If so, please challenge him!

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Smithie, not sure you're in for a hiding off Rodgie, but, having played both of you this season, I reckon you badly need your top three to fire if you're going to win. If you can get in against him, I believe that there are some pretty week links in his attack, but if Bramble, Mee and Bridges M come to the party then there's a risk they could grip you firmly by the hips and take you from behind!

Bowling-wise, if Coates gets too comfy then you could be in trouble, but equally I reckon you've got the fire-power to do damage to the rest. If you have half-decent bowlers up against Paris on Def or V.Def, then he hasn't got the Conc to work it around, and sooner or later he's going to make a mistake.

All-in-all, I predict a pretty low scoring affair, with Rodgie finishing narrowly in front. Central Districts 180'ish A/O, Pup 181/5 (Though again, if you get Rodgie Five down you could be in luck because his tail's rodent-like), or Pup 210'ish, Central Districts 190 odd A/O

Bobisback

International Regular
I out Carr on the market for 1.1m, couldnt sell him, put him on for 1m still no bids, 850k nothing, 800k, again nothing. Now i put him on for 750k and this happens.

Code:
Doobstars bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
Sloe Balls bids for Carr
Gengas XI bids for Carr
I love bidding wars.

Code:
Date  		From  		To  		Price  		BT Rating
15/08/2007 	me 		Gengas XI 	£1,248,480 	7,389
03/04/2007 	Str¥k£ ©© 	me	 	£767,581 	9,243

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Fitness Level: moderate
Morale: happy

Are those too low for a GFI tomorrow? The game decides whether I come 2nd or 3rd, and I'm sure he'll GFI too.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Some good development in the SD XI camp, sold one of the guys i was training for the tidy sum of 600K. nice 180K profit. Gives me around a million in the bank, hoping to get a good trainee next season.

And Smith, come on man. It's a matter of pride you can't lose to Rodgie.

Scaly piscine

I've listed Wheat again dead cheap (4m, he's a batsman, quality-miraculous-respectable). Got an early bid thankfully, he'll probably go cheap but meh.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Oh and in other news BatStats' new statty goodness virtually confirms that run outs are just a random dismissal type based on the initial bowler v batsman calculation, in case anyone thought otherwise...

The run out dismissal percentage should go up on hard & fast based on the low average number of wickets lost, the number of run outs should be virtually independent of pitch but if there are less dismissals by the bowler the overall percentage of run outs goes up (ie instead of being 100 run outs from 2100 total wickets it would be 100 run outs from 1550 total wickets, given the same number of matches). Shorter matches (bowler friendly wickets mostly) would have less overs in them anyway, so there's another reason why the percentage should go up for hard & fast relative to others, but it doesn't.

Details here:

http://www.batstats.info/pitch.jsp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.