• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Into the fifth round of the BT20, with a nine wicket win over Div.IV County Connells.

County Connells 158/1, Keen 79 (66), Drench 66* (49), Bewers 1/23
Cymru Gurgitaters 161/1 (19), Staveley 93* (60), Greening 32 (25), Noon 30* (25)

Ratings on TIE.
Cymru Gurgitaters County Connells
Top Order: remarkable superb
Middle Order: respectable respectable
Lower Order: woeful feeble
Seam Bowling: strong strong
Spin Bowling: respectable proficient
Fielding: feeble mediocre
MOTM: Staveley

In Hindsight, took a bit of a risk TIEing. PANing tomorrow against Mind Twindows Tino, who, like me, have just been promoted to Div.III. They have more batting depth, but no stars, our bowling is roughly equal.

Nandon, be bloody careful with that bank balance! Unless it's back under -£300K by tomorrow, then you'll only have five log-ins to save your team from bankrupcy. Do you not have any £150/£200K bankers to put on the market, just to be on the safe side?

Later, Trev

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Managed to sneak through today, in what was my first real test in this season's BT20 comp.

Code:
       [B]Withington  Up the Irons[/B]
Top:   Quality     Wonderful
Mid:   Proficient  Proficient
Bot:   Abysmal     Abysmal
Seam:  Remarkable  Wonderful
Spin:  Masterful   Wonderful
Fld:   Mediocre    Woeful
That was against a fairly decent III side...hopefully I'll be up against some proper fodder tomorrow!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Managed to sneak through today, in what was my first real test in this season's BT20 comp.

Code:
       [B]Withington  Up the Irons[/B]
Top:   Quality     Wonderful
Mid:   Proficient  Proficient
Bot:   Abysmal     Abysmal
Seam:  Remarkable  Wonderful
Spin:  Masterful   Wonderful
Fld:   Mediocre    Woeful
That was against a fairly decent III side...hopefully I'll be up against some proper fodder tomorrow!
The worrying thing is my batting ratings (on a TIE) aren't much better than yours.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Ugh, I wasted another $35,000 last night on the transfer market. That's $235,000 spent when I'm drunk now. I'm not logging onto Battrick while under the influence anymore.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Players are aging tomorrow, which means that wages should be recalculated as well. My biggest increases will be Canning (currently 30,988), Terry (5,582), Potgieter (2,913) and Burger (702). Total wages currently at 63,983. Canning's wont be pretty at all, and I suspect Terry could be getting pretty high.

PY

International Coach
Players are aging tomorrow, which means that wages should be recalculated as well. My biggest increases will be Canning (currently 30,988), Terry (5,582), Potgieter (2,913) and Burger (702). Total wages currently at 63,983. Canning's wont be pretty at all, and I suspect Terry could be getting pretty high.
How come your wages are so low? You get quite good ratings for 63k.

My salaries are 98k and my ratings don't really show it. Though I do have pessimistic morale at the moment, which hasn't been affected by winning 7 20/20 games, lost a serious number of members too which hurts.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Watkins will go up to 100k or so, Downer 80-ish, Ashton 35. My total wage bill will be 350k+ depending on who I end up buying. Actually looking forward to the age/wage updates as they usually settle the market a little.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon im going to go bankrupt if i don't get a home FC and OD game first up. I wish I didn't waste 2m on strong/strong bowler. I guess im going to have to sell Ellis.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Could someone perhaps remind me of the amount of money that we'll be getting from the FC games?

Will it be like an OD everyday?:D

Must say, without the subsidy, my finances are not looking too cool. Especially with the wage updates...:(

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't realise I had a match today as I was relying on the news announcement which says we don't have a match on the 15th. Should've checked the date next to the fixture I guess. Means I'm playing a worthless bowler in place of the recently-sold Harewood as I didn't set a lineup. Going OK though, Watkins managed a fifty.

End of Over 8: 62-4, runrate=7.75, reqrunrate=9.25 (172-8)
Whitehorne 1-0-2-0
Jameson* 2 (3 balls)
Baker 38 (24 balls)
Last Wicket: Hendricks c. Ashton b. Watkins 5 (FOW: 47/4)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Further to the announcement almost a year ago that the Zebras were attracting interest from Latin America, it can now be officially involved that the Guatemalan Government, eager to advertise their country in the subcontinent, has bought a large share of the club, resulting in changes to the team name and ground name. Due to the Zebras close affiliation with a certain African mammal, the Tanzanian Tourist Board has also bought a stake in the club.

As a result of these investments, Zebras will now be known as Zebras Guatemala, while the ground name has been ammended to Maidan Azteca-Kilimanjaro.
Rebranding process now complete with the change of name to Zebras Guatemala.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I reckon im going to go bankrupt if i don't get a home FC and OD game first up. I wish I didn't waste 2m on strong/strong bowler. I guess im going to have to sell Ellis.
Haha yeah, same, living on the edge. Going to have to sell a gun player.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha.

When you list players on the TM, is there a fee taken out which doesn't go into your income? As in, player sells for £65,000 and you get £63,000 in your income?

Status
Not open for further replies.