• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Just thought I'd mention my match.

SD XI 458 for no loss S.Abdul Kadir 228(265) R. Abdul Kadir 211(194)
Sachin 258 (Cunningham 7-34)
Sachin 236 (Cunningham 4-15)
SD XI 38 for no loss

all in all 11 wickets for 59 for Cunningham, quite possibly my most economical and incisive bowling perfomance ever.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just thought I'd mention my match.

SD XI 458 for no loss S.Abdul Kadir 228(265) R. Abdul Kadir 211(194)
Sachin 258 (Cunningham 7-34)
Sachin 236 (Cunningham 4-15)
SD XI 38 for no loss

all in all 11 wickets for 59 for Cunningham, quite possibly my most economical and incisive bowling perfomance ever.
I've seen guys take 17 odd wickets for like 10 runs.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Bah, humbug. My bowlers never take that many wickets, as they always get shared around. Probably why they haven't progressed as much as other teams in terms of experience.

Anyway, it's another tight tight game for my supporters.

Withington: 266/10
Yerma: 188/10
Withington: 96/10
Yerma: 27/2 at lunch

Basically, Yerma need 148 runs for the win, with 75 overs left. Run rates have generally been 2.0-2.5, so the draw's looking less likely than it did halfway through the match. Could be yet another grandstand finish!

It's all down to the wickets. Can I get them out in time? If I get Wight, I should be guaranteed of the win -- only he and Sandwith have been able to score heavily and at a decent rate.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Geez what's going on here, no one up for friendlies these days.
Challenge away, and I'll accept in an hour or two. I'll be resting most of my key 1st XI players, mind.

In my game, a 30 partnership for the 4th wicket had me worried, but Gibb came on and broke it. John then chipped in with 3 wickets, including their star batsman, and they're 67/7 with only numpties left. Still need 107 for the tie.

Should be an important Withington win, barring some serious heroics.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
It's tea on day three hundred and five of this epic encounter. Tactically, things are entering something of a plateau; the batsmen are attempting to score entirely in leg byes, while the field are entertaining themselves by trying to induce some nearby bees to hum the Marseillaise. At one stage the umpire was seen to openly urinate down one of the stumps during Piercy's run up, prompting an appeal for caught at short leg, which was denied.

The last spectator choked to death on his own hat four weeks ago, while Geoffrey Boycott expired having literally booked in for bed and breakfast, only to contract botulism from some gone-off honey believed to have been made by distracted bees.

Boycott's grandmother was unavailable for comment.

End of Over 62 (Maiden, 1lb). swycc: 222-0, runrate=3.58 (1st Inn: 384-5 dec)
Lead by 314 runs. (Beard XI 292-10)
Marriott 13-2-37-0
Snatch* 86 (164 balls)
Nesbitt 118 (216 balls)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It's tea on day three hundred and five of this epic encounter. Tactically, things are entering something of a plateau; the batsmen are attempting to score entirely in leg byes, while the field are entertaining themselves by trying to induce some nearby bees to hum the Marseillaise. At one stage the umpire was seen to openly urinate down one of the stumps during Piercy's run up, prompting an appeal for caught at short leg, which was denied.

The last spectator choked to death on his own hat four weeks ago, while Geoffrey Boycott expired having literally booked in for bed and breakfast, only to contract botulism from some gone-off honey believed to have been made by distracted bees.

Boycott's grandmother was unavailable for comment.
:huh:

End of Over 76 (5 runs). yorkshire sixhitters: 249-2, runrate=3.28 (1st Inn: 107-10)
Trail by 229 runs. (woders sloggers 332-10 & 253-3 dec)
Yousif 16-2-46-0
Steyn* 80 (92 balls)
Clunnie 112 (253 balls)
Last Wicket: Samiullah b. Mcmahon 10 (FOW: 107/2)

Finally some steel from the batting, we generally don't lose too easily

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Ended up winning by some 104 runs. This should make the top of my FC league VERY interesting, with three teams fighting for the title:

1. Rickmansworth -- just need to win their matches!
2. Withington -- I need to beat Rickmansworth, and hope they lose to Yerma.
3. Inter Yerma -- think they need a low-scoring draw between me and R'worth, as well as winning their remaining matches.

Still, at least I've got a chance, which is more than I hoped for two matches ago.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
The BEST Indies players are hitting the town tonight after sealing their 1st ever FC victory. A explosive start by our bowlers this morning really paved the way to victory there last 5 batsman going for 1 between the lot.

Sloper 294/10 (70.1) Bell 19.1-2-54-6
BEST Indies 366/10 (92.5) Prior 100 off 133
Sloper 369/10 (84.5) Prior 9-3-17-4
BEST Indies 299/6 (63.4) Sawyer 102* off 119

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My 2-day, innings victory should secure my safety (36 points clear of 5th), but I'm throwing everything at tomorrow, GFI and all...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Still unbeaten in FC. Hold a narrow RR lead in OD so it should mean I'm doubly promoted. Which isn't that good, because, we suck and won't survive D4 IMO, though we will do better than the first season we had in 4 when we could barely manage 100 runs or 2 wickets.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 14: 108-0, runrate=7.71
Ehiogu 2-0-17-0
Schofield* 54 (48 balls)
Skipper 49 (38 balls)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 3: 21-0, runrate=7.00, reqrunrate=0.23 (31-10)
Sutton 2-0-7-0
Dylan* 9 (8 balls)
Keane 11 (10 balls)

Hodge took 5/6 from 5 overs and Lambert 2/14 plus a runout.

Status
Not open for further replies.