• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Welcome back to Fishs XI CG for day 3 of the match between Fishs XI and Fulltoss.

we are doing well now, but me second XI have had to play well unser therir influential captain,

End of Over 15 (Maiden). Fulltoss: 34-2, runrate=2.27 (1st Inn: 271-10)
Trail by 374 runs. (Fishs XI 679-10)
Thomas 8-4-10-2
Walmsley* 7 (21 balls)
Allen 15 (34 balls)

if we can win this match we can challange hopfully for the title as well as the OD title which is looking more imininte for us to win it :happy:

as the current leders hoplfully (or at the current rate) are looking to draw (they have probely will declar soon and try and bowl them out in two sesions!)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Verbing weirds language, eh?
That it does. It's all good fun though. I reckon that in order to satisfy my pedantry, we should start calling it G-ingFI, so that when you read it, you hear 'going for it' in your head. Much better.

My batsmen are G-ingFI (it just rolls off the keyboard) now that the unfit change bowlers have come on, and victory is now imminent, which will give the boys a bit of rest before G-ingFI tomorrow against Coatham Sloggers.

:cool:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
And we're done:

The Heath CC: 363/2dec (Grant 139, Bartlett 107, Sutton 72*)
Jacksons Giants: 193 (Westwood 4/46, Hardy 3/41)
Jacksons Giants (following on): 282/5dec (Westwood 2/46, Liddle 2/57)
The Heath CC: 113/0 (Grant 55*, Bartlett 52*)

The Heath CC win by 10 wickets

Undoubtedly helped by Jacksons Giants farcical declaration at the end of the 2nd day, The Heath CC strode to a second comprehensive victory in two weeks against a side who, after an impressive start to the season, have now slid into the relegation places. Impressive performances from Grant and Bartlett at the top of the order, who have formed what is proving to be a formidable opening partnership, were backed up strongly by a second-string bowling attack, with Westwood and Hardy particularly impressive in finishing off the Jacksons Giants first innings on Wednesday morning.

All eyes now turn towards tomorrow's crunch game against Coatham Sloggers. When the two teams met on the opening day of the OD season, The Heath looked as though they were heading for a humiliating defeat as they stumbled to 81/6 chasing a target of 259 to win. However, Talbot and Hennessy joined forces in a brutal 7th wicket partnership of 148 to lift The Heath within touching distance. It wasn't to be though, as they eventually subsided to a 10 run defeat, but that game whetted the appetite for the return fixture, to be played at the HCG tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Making veeeerrrrryyyyy slow progress.

My opponents are 201/3 in their second innings (following on), still 91 behind. If they manage to squeeze out a draw, I'll be most displeased. Still, plenty of overs left today and only two wickets away from a pretty poor tail, so it's unlikely.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fishs XI v Fulltoss

Fishs XI won by an innings and 297 runs

we won, but it was a lot more difficult then the scorecard says,
the victory could have not been without captain Abbott and second line
spin bowler Baholo

Abbott 182
Baholo 35-3 and 18-7 (53-10)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
That it does. It's all good fun though. I reckon that in order to satisfy my pedantry, we should start calling it G-ingFI, so that when you read it, you hear 'going for it' in your head. Much better.

My batsmen are G-ingFI (it just rolls off the keyboard) now that the unfit change bowlers have come on, and victory is now imminent, which will give the boys a bit of rest before G-ingFI tomorrow against Coatham Sloggers.

:cool:
Surely "G'ing FI" with a space, then? :ph34r:

GingFI and PingIC. You never know, they might catch on...

In my match, Brooker and Gibb ended up blasting out the (pretty rubbish tail) -- think the collapse was 208/3 to 221ao over something like 8 overs.

So, that's a pretty comfortable win. Hopefully I'll carry the good form through to tomorrow's OD game.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Jeff Mountney (1640915)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BEST Indies
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,612
Wages: £433 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: competent

Did a 0ITS youth pull last night got this guy. Would of been nice with ITS but iv only started investing. Anyway I transfer listed him and someone actually bid. Goning to be my player sold.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeff Mountney (1640915)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BEST Indies
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,612
Wages: £433 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: competent

Did a 0ITS youth pull last night got this guy. Would of been nice with ITS but iv only started investing. Anyway I transfer listed him and someone actually bid. Goning to be my player sold.
Send that lad back to school:laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Won easily in the end with a torrent of wickets falling in quick fashion. Fletcher punched above his weight with his competent bowling on par with my superbs. Will open the bowling vs a bot as a reward.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gave a 17 year old player im training up a match well resting my frontline bowlers.

John john 11-4-17-3

Gun spell going on.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Send that lad back to school:laugh:
Was going to use him to whip you in the cup but i decieded to sell :p

EDIT: One of my mates playing against a bot being a greddy **** and playing to make it a 3 day game:

Swingers 1186/8dec (220.0)

Henham CC 131/10 (41.2) & 265/9 (66.0)
Match Drawn

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
stunning bowling display this morning, from graham and vermaak, ensures that whenuapai are well on the way to yet another victory.

End of Over 12 (9 runs). Whenuapai CC: 47-0, runrate=3.92 (1st Inn: 454-3 dec)
Trail by 35 runs. (Trafalgar Knights 468-10 & 68-10)
Lever 6-0-23-0
Lennon* 22 (44 balls)
Fry 23 (29 balls)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started well this morning...their opening bowler isn't terrible, but he's 'drained'. I'm 11/0 off the first 3 balls :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Playing the 2nd best team in my league and the only team that should logically push me, going gangbusters atm.

Code:
End of Over 6: 40-0, runrate=6.67
Wasim	3-0-19-0
Dylan*	16 (15 balls)
Keane	24 (21 balls)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
End of Over 8: 58-0, runrate=7.25
Lake 4-0-24-0
Sheppard* 17 (18 balls)
Leacock 35 (31 balls)

Been so many extras already. Yuck. Everyone is tired from FC. Roll on BT Cup.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 9: 26-5, runrate=2.89
Ferrell 5-1-9-4
Griffin* 2 (5 balls)
Kilkenny 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Canning c. Pine b. Ferrell 6 (FOW: 26/5)

Can't believe I'm on ****ing GFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.