• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Everything is fixed Rodgie.

TIE ratings are improving, rested a prof spinner and played my trainee so seam dropped one and spin gained one.

Code:
		West Ridgley  	Boggles
Top Order: 	mediocre 	strong
Middle Order: 	feeble 		respectable
Lower Order: 	worthless 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	competent 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	mediocre 	strong
Fielding: 	abysmal 	woeful

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting ratings in my match against Mike:

Victoria Panthers Jaffna Jets
Top Order: superb respectable
Middle Order: woeful respectable
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent competent
Spin Bowling: proficient competent
Fielding: woeful abysmal

First time i got both a respectable rating in both top and middle order. I must be close to proficient top at full strength. Still no respectable bowling rating though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
 		bobisback  	Central Districts
Top Order: 	proficient 	competent
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	worthless 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	competent 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	respectable 	proficient
Fielding: 	woeful 		feeble
Ratings from my and Dwyer's match. I won it comfortably by 6 wickets, Dylan making a hundred and Jephcott 94.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I know you beat him, doesn't mean you're not ******** or that your players have decent secondaries. I mean, Zulu Warriors and Defenestrators both lost today in the cup, doesn't mean the teams that beat them are better.

Bobisback

International Regular
Um my players do have secondries and actually beat Dwyer. He has four months more training than me?
Tbh, i didnt really care much about training early on, just logged on on Fridays to watch my games. I got serious 2 seasons ago, when i started training up my trainees.

All the players i have that are going to stay in my team have secondaries, and most of the ones that are only here for a season or two have at least feeble, but they will be swapped. Your gun players have feeble seconds.

And as i told you on MSN, you beating me doesnt mean you have a better team, we all know that the best team doesnt always win, especially in BT.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
My best players only have resps secondaries and i beat too Dwyer, could be sign that secondaries aren't that important.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Woot my best cup win ever! Into the 6th round now for the first time. Won the toss and bowled first on my Hard n Fast pitch. Westhead n Gus took all my wickets and the others kept it tight. My top 3 bats contributed in the chase but it was Jayasuriya with his break thru innings for the season who brought it home with a few good partnerships with the tail. Stoked with the result, really thought id lose.

Burnt Out Koalas CC 10/277 49.3 overs
Naysmith 111 (117)
Benjamin 52 (68)
Goodman 51 (72)
Westhead 6/51 MOTM
Gus 4/59

College Dropouts 7/278 48 overs
Jayasuriya 102 (91) not out
Z.Kennedy 50 (55)

College Dropouts Burnt Out Koalas CC
Top Order: quality quality
Middle Order: respectable proficient
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: superb proficient
Spin Bowling: competent quality
Fielding: woeful abysmal

Hmm got CCGoblins next round, theyve got superb top and resp middle order batting n superb seam and remark spin bowling...If my bowlers can keep it chaseable n my top order score some runs it could be winnable.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Henry's Dream (Faaip) v Kipper XI (Cameeel) @ Henry's Dream CG

Kipper XI: 3-267

Dove 86*
Brady 84
Brydon 65

Folkes 2-56
Martyn 1-22

Henry's Dream: 85

Camilleri 35
Lancaster 22*

Davies 5-4
Vernon 4-30

MotM: Davies (2-0-4-5)

nibbs

International Captain
Won my league match on saturday by 9 wickets. Lee took 5 wickets, while Duggan scored his 20th century in the chase.

Cup round 5 tomorrow. should win it comfortably. Round 6 is more or less when things finally start to take shape in the new zealand cup. I don't really understand why we have 5 divisions. The 5th division seems like a bit of an overkill. 4 divisions would be fine imo. Most sides get bots for the first 2-3 rounds in the cup, which is fun i guess, but it also seems somewhat pointless. Anyhow, hopefully Duggan can notch up 100 #21 tomorrow.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Hmm, guess the "steps" taken to make sure the player names don't go missing were but the first of a journey of a thousand miles, cos Geg and my players are being shy again.

Hah! I was farting around with my batting order last night and forgot to reset who was wickie and captain; so my batting trainee (worthless w/k) is behind the stumps and my rubbish pinch-hitter (worthless leadership) is captain. Genius.

And said trainee just took a stumping. :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Allan is allegedly at the SCG, so I'm not sure it'll be fixed anytime soon. He's online though.

Status
Not open for further replies.