• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, well we've only got 24 teams so far which means we can do five rounds, but some teams will get first round byes. I was thinking the best way to do it would be to seed the top 8 and give them the byes, then draw the rest of the teams randomly.

I'm not really sure what to do about home/away matches - should I just leave it up to the teams involved to sort out who wants to be at home (and if they can't work it out, I'll arbitrate)? Either that or someone think of something.

I've seeded the top 8 teams based entirely on their ratings from their last competitive match (i.e. league, or cup in nibbs' case). I realise it's a bit unfair on teams who TIE'd or didn't play their best XI, but the seedings aren't really that important.

Anyway, the first round draw:

Viveash is playing Alternative XI, I forgot to include them. Everyone can start organising matches, teams with byes can obviously arrange matches outside of the cup for the first round. We'll use the Saturday 12:00 (BT time) deadline again, any matches not arranged by then are liable to be forfeited.

Good luck!

Edit: in case it takes too long to load, the matches are as follows -

Crusaders v Boulevard Bombers
Got Spin v Central Districts
Pup v Robertinho Select XI
bobisback v Victoria Panthers
Jamees 999ers v Sad Decadent XI
Vindscreen Vipers v Jaffna Jets
Lancashire v Magical Ponies
Viveash v Alternative XI

Everyone else has a bye.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm tough match first up. Won't be expecting much, especially with Canning's fitness a bit low.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Probably will be going out in the first round to Jamee, quite sad actually..will be resting most of my players though. Since even if i beat Jamee, I can't beat Sriram.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoops, I forgot to include alternative's team. The last match is Viveash v Alternative XI then.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just challenged Vindscreen Vipers (crampton) @ my home ground, we both got green and mine is slightly bigger. Hey Adam any chance that the guys that get knocked out in the first round can have a plate knockout. It seems a bit unfair if you only get one game, but i guess that knockout.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
So we arrange these as a friendly rite.. and who's Home ground do we play these matches..

If the case is that i can play in any ground, then i would like to make challenge with Viveash at my Home Ground..

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
jeepers i feel like ive been drawn in a group with brazil and croatia....

but alternative i think first team denotes home game well thats they way it worked b4

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't really matter who plays at home, as long as both teams are happy with it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Oooh, Got Spin eh? Should be a decent match, as he only beat me by a few runs in our friendly. Wish we could play it at my ground, his H&F negates my strongest players.

cameeel

International Captain
Would have made sense to start a thread inviting teams in before making it when you'd already gotten players......:dry:

Does a 25th ruin the draw?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I did ask for people to sign up in the other thread and 23 people responded, so I'm not sure how you missed it. You can challenge one of the seeded teams (if they haven't organised another friendly already), up to them whether they'll play you or not.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cameeel said:
Would have made sense to start a thread inviting teams in before making it when you'd already gotten players......:dry:

Does a 25th ruin the draw?
He did ask for signups though.

cameeel

International Captain
Adamc said:
Where should I have asked for sign ups then (if not in the battrick thread)?
I'm not having a go at you, I'm just saying that I haven't been in the Battrick thread recently, and was asking whether or not there is a spot for one more player.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
cameeel said:
I'm not having a go at you, I'm just saying that I haven't been in the Battrick thread recently, and was asking whether or not there is a spot for one more player.
OK then, as I said, if one of the teams with byes this round is happy to play you then I've got no problem with that. I would play you myself but I've already got a match organised, so try your luck with one of the other seeded teams.