• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BatTrick Cup Part Deux - Signup, Draw, Results and Banter

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Viveash 2/101 in the 19th over against Boggles - slightly tipped in favour of Boggles but I think Wainwright is Ash's best batsman, so we'll see.

I sent Jamee in to bat, he's 1/74 off 20 overs, Mills with 5-1-10-1. Other games worthy of note - Victoria Panthers are doing well against the Bushpigs, have them 4/97 after 20 overs. VCC have made 2 crucial breakthroughs against College Dropouts - both Jayasuriya and Kennedy gone in the 40s, it now looks like VCC have this one in the bag.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
Viveash 2/101 in the 19th over against Boggles - slightly tipped in favour of Boggles but I think Wainwright is Ash's best batsman, so we'll see.

I sent Jamee in to bat, he's 1/74 off 20 overs, Mills with 5-1-10-1. Other games worthy of note - Victoria Panthers are doing well against the Bushpigs, have them 4/97 after 20 overs. VCC have made 2 crucial breakthroughs against College Dropouts - both Jayasuriya and Kennedy gone in the 40s, it now looks like VCC have this one in the bag.
Great stuff Rob, very happy so far with the way were going.

EDIT could of had them 6 down but Hook's has dropped 2 catches at 2nd slip :@

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Far too late -

49.4 W Mcmillan to Sherrington
There was a sudden rush of adrenaline and Sherrington stepped out of the crease only to find Gray do the rest of the job beautifully. Stumped!
49.3 W Mcmillan to Bardle
More spin than a party political broadcast. Mcmillan has made a monkey of Bardle with that one!
49.2 W Mcmillan to Bradford
He was over-eager and Bradford has paid the ultimate price for his weakness. Sharp work from Gray to whip the bails off as well.

Three stumpings for Gray in the innings. Gah. No way they should've made 240. Mcmillan with 4/53 though they were cheap, fairly useless wickets. Mills the pick of the bowlers - 10-3-15-2, great bowling, could've picked up a couple more wickets though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Update

Asterix XI v The Conquerors
To begin at 15:30

Got Spin v AA For President
Got Spin 6/326 after 50
Saunders with 163*

Citizens Erased v Magical Ponies
To begin at 4:30

Viveash v Boggles
Viveash all out for 236
Singh with 5 for the Boggles

Sad Decadent XI v Boulevard Bombers
To begin at 4:30

Robertinho Select XI v Jamee 999ers
Jamee 999ers all out for 243
McMillan takes a hattrick in the last over to finish them off

Scaly Piscine CC v Lancashire
To begin at 10:30

Victoria Panthers v Bushpigs
Bushpigs all out for 199
Panthers currently 2 down in the fourth

Drunk XI v Whenuapai CC
To begin at 22:30

College Dropouts v VCC
College Dropouts all out for 283
Grewcock with 58, Freedman and Graham both with 3 wickets

Central District v Hoy’s Holy XI
Central Districts all out for 166
Lost 5 wickets in 10 balls for one run

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Boggles are going to beat Viveash quite easily. Victoria Panthers are 7/92 chasing 200.. don't think it will happen. College Dropouts fighting back, removing Tarick's superb bat, they're 2 for around 100, a steep hill to climb if they're to win this. I am 0/149 after 21 overs, Gray is 82* (70) and Mcmillan 60* (57), hoping to wrap it up quickly. We might need to work out a "bonus point" thing aswell, in cases like Tarick's win last week.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I lost but my ratings im vedry impressed with, my best ever.

Top Order: competent
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: feeble

ash chaulk

International Captain
W Singh to Lockwood
Yes. No. Yes. No. Wait. No. Yes. Wait. Yes......NO!!! That had run out written all over it there and Lockwood glares back at his teammate as he trudges off the ground.

the story of viveashs day

good win py

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ended up winning by 10 wickets, both Gray and Mcmillan notching up unbeaten tons. Apart from winning, I am so so happy to see my ratings barely dropped after my fitness dropped from Invigorated to Fair. Team fitness - not all it's cracked up to be?

Robertinho Select XI
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: feeble

Only drops were Spin bowling (Superb --> Proficient), which was due to the fact I played an extra spinner - a mediocre, and Fielding (mediocre -> feeble), which was due to the fact the guy I dropped had mediocre fielding.

andyc

Have made a good start here against Citizens Erased (Sriram's team), I won the toss and bowled

End of Over 32: 122-4, runrate=3.81
Drench 6-2-20-1
Grey* 33 (65 balls)
Abdul kadir 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Mitchell c. Parr b. Drench 50 (FOW: 122/4)

Canning took two early wickets and he ended with 2/38, while Erasmus has gone well so far, his 5 overs going for 14 with two maidens, and eight of those 14 runs were from the first over.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won by 32 runs despite my only 2 good players, my opening bats, failing to get big scores.
College Dropouts 10/283 49.3overs
Vincent 58 (66)
Kennedy 46 (52)
Jayasuriya 40 (42)
Graham 3/46
Grewcock 3/53
Freedman 3/57

VCC 10/251 48.2overs
Easton 57 (47)
Baldwin 46 (68)
Osman 40 (46)
Westhead 5/45 MOTM

College Dropouts VCC
Top Order: quality respectable
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable respectable
Spin Bowling: useless respectable
Fielding: mediocre mediocre

andyc

Ended up dismissing Citizens Erased for 203 in the 50th over.

Dunne took four, Erasmus two, while Grey's 48 off 94 was painfully slow.

andyc

cricketboy29 said:
Dead in the water vs Boulevard Bombers. RRR 7.54 in the 3rd over :(
Only the third over though.

In my match:

End of Over 10: 63-1, runrate=6.30, reqrunrate=3.53 (203-10)
Ifill 5-0-39-1
Sutton* 29 (24 balls)
Griffin 1 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Nomvete c. Malik b. Ifill 29 (FOW: 61/1)

Pity about Nomvete getting out, he'd just hit two consecutive sixes. Hopefully the batsmen can keep their heads and get there.

PY

International Coach
Very happy with the win, cheers for the game Ash. :)

Chanderpaul scores his fifth century in seven innings (only failure against Rob :mad2: ).