• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
There's one guy in my league who dominates. Very annoyed, I'm easily second best, 2 games off. Next season :(
There's no way I can lose my league from here, and my NRR of 26.78 puts me at number 87 on promotion, which means I should be automatically promoted

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good start for the Windies after being sent in:

End of Over 21: 119-1, runrate=5.67
Asghar 4-0-28-0
Summers* 41 (48 balls)
Julian 1 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Seargeant c. Maimatullah b. Sarfraz 68 (FOW: 102/1)

Pakistan should be a bit of a pushover really, hopefully we can get 300+ then bowl them out for not too many.

Grr Summers just got runout.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
end of Over 36: 194-3, runrate=5.39
Sarfraz 8-0-39-2
Julian* 40 (42 balls)
Cuss 3 (12 balls)
thats good considering the pitch is green aye

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's OK, though green pitches in BT are much better for batting than green pitches in real life. Julian's doing well, and Cuss is starting to get going now. Hopefully both of them will still be around for the slog.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing collapse at the end to 277-8. We should be able to defend that though. Surprised that a worthless batsman managed to score 10 runs.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like we've pretty much wrapped this one up.

End of Over 10: 46-5, runrate=4.60, reqrunrate=5.80 (277-8)
Baker 5-0-23-4

andyc

GoT_SpIn said:
Looking forward to my league match tommorow :D playing a human team with woeful seam bowling
Yeah, I'm looking forward to mine, I wanna see how my new proficient YP goes, I just hope we get to bat first

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Another wicket to Baker, second WI player to get a five-wicket haul. 104-7 now, I'll be surprised if they get even remotely close. Janes has still got another five overs so if they managed to get to 40 overs they shouldn't get much further than that.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, a bit annoying that we couldn't finish it off quickly though, they put on 105 for the last 4 wickets. Decent ratings for a TIE:

Code:
[b]Pakistan 	West Indies[/b]
Top Order: 	superb 	remarkable
Middle Order: 	strong 	superb
Lower Order: 	feeble 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	strong 	remarkable
Spin Bowling: 	useless quality
Fielding: 	competent competent
Pakistan's fitness didn't change so they must've played on Normal. Sri Lanka next week will be very tough.

andyc

Surprise surprise, I flattened another bot team team today, am getting quite bored with it.

Magical Ponies (TIE) 1/364
Kenna 182* (154), Andrew 140 (134), Griffin 26* (17)

Malvern east CC 90 (20 overs)
Heard 5/24 (7), Cave 3/23 (5), Andrew 1/30 (5)

For once the tail end didn't get away from me, which I'm happy with. I would have liked Griffin, my new YP, to have had a bit more of a bat though.

Reporter's Summary
Malvern east CC Magical Ponies
Top Order: abysmal mediocre
Middle Order: abysmal mediocre
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: abysmal mediocre
Spin Bowling: worthless mediocre
Fielding: feeble feeble

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you guys TIE all your matches against bots? Seeing as fitness has such a big effect on reporter's summary ratings I would be tempted (if I were in your position) to TIE all season and max out fitness and morale, just to see what ratings you get. I think if any of you had done that your ratings would be sufficiently high by now to win the BT cup...

andyc

Adamc said:
Do you guys TIE all your matches against bots? Seeing as fitness has such a big effect on reporter's summary ratings I would be tempted (if I were in your position) to TIE all season and max out fitness and morale, just to see what ratings you get. I think if any of you had done that your ratings would be sufficiently high by now to win the BT cup...
That's a good idea, should have thought of it. There's two humans in my league so I just TIE until I play one of them, and then I GFI.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I have to go normal because there aren't any bots in my league, and my fitness is already moderate

Didn't win the toss so unfortunaly i couldnt bat first. bowled them out for 160 and chased that down in 22 overs

Got Spin
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: l mediocre
Spin Bowling: useless
Fielding: feeble

Status
Not open for further replies.