• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Adamc said:
Everyone should check the news page. Lots of stuff relating to season 3, major overhauls in some areas. New youth academy stuff is going to be very interesting.
No FC games - damn
International friendlies even though players go on tour - damn (bad for the national trainers that their players get so worn out)
Training and youths - very cool idea, hope it works out
Pitches/weather - lovely

Opponents 76-6, with 18-year-old abysmal wickie Jules Crouch having two stumpings and only two byes conceded. :D I do wonder why I never win the toss when I want to bat first, though...I want a double from Lester!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
No FC games - damn indeed, better that they get it right before introducing it though
Individual fitness/form - fairly indifferent, something else to think about I suppose
Advanced orders - sixth bowler option should be good, 'keeper options interesting, couldn't really be bothered with field settings though - leave it to the captain
Youth academy - looks good, seems to discourage promoting youths every week though (:() but seems to reduce the amount of luck involved while still retaining a degree of chance
Pitch/weather - I basically never change my pitch, but the more options the better
International tours - should be good, so long as I don't get drawn Aus and England straight up. The retention of friendlies will probably annoy managers of NT players though

Cuss into the 90s now (got out for 96 last week).

Edit: Brilliant, moves from 94 to 100 with a six.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like everyone else says the FC games being postponed a season sucks. I'll be happy to have more say over the youth academy instead of being randomly stuffed each week. Will have to wait and see how everything pans out before making a proper judgement. I'll look forward to setting proper fielders in the slips as opposed to my gun bowler with abysmal fielding...

PY

International Coach
Changed line-up today on TIE and won by 8 wickets in 41 overs against a bot.

Kandla CC 262/9 (50 overs)

Boggles 263/2 (41 overs)

Ahmed 49 (46)
Singh 71 (60)
Ahmed 75* (75)
Chanderpaul 60* (69)

Pretty good though my ratings dropped considerably. :(

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
IM waching adamc's game hes doin pretty ok
he batted first
cuss-146
bridge-76
final score after 50-286/5 nice work
the oppo are 48/1 from 7
ouch

this is quite perplexing
8.1 1 Gillespie to Attwood
Runs it away fine past mid-on for a single

fine? past mid on?
alright then

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
This is ridiculous bowling. Badley I can understand (although he's prof/mediocre/feeble now, so should be ok), but I can't believe Gillespie is getting slaughtered on GFI on an uneven pitch. Really need a wicket or five pretty soon.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bleh, I was hoping Malik's training would've taken him past the pie-throwing stage by now. I'm just hoping they'll stagnate in the middle overs, force the RR up then annihilate them at the end, as usually happens. Can't see that happening if Malik keeps going for plenty. Will need Male to have a good day and Pollock to go for not very many runs (set to v. defensive).

Just as the scoring rate was starting to settle down...

18.6 5 Pollock to Smyth
The ball didn't quite make it to the rope, yet due to some awful fielding, the Batsmen was able to run five!

!@#$%.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
Bleh, I was hoping Malik's training would've taken him past the pie-throwing stage by now. I'm just hoping they'll stagnate in the middle overs, force the RR up then annihilate them at the end, as usually happens. Can't see that happening if Malik keeps going for plenty. Will need Male to have a good day and Pollock to go for not very many runs (set to v. defensive).

Just as the scoring rate was starting to settle down...

18.6 5 Pollock to Smyth
The ball didn't quite make it to the rope, yet due to some awful fielding, the Batsmen was able to run five!

!@#$%.
Heh as soon as I read that on Battrick I thought 'ah he'll love that'.

I'll have to sift through some old games to see the difference between the overs 11-15 and 16-20 (that have a more defensive field set). I also guess it explains the default bowling settings that have one opening bowler bowl 7 at the start, might have a few people switching back to those now.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
In my match today they scored 91@6.07 in the first 15, and 24@3.00 in the 8 overs since. No boundaries since the 15th over, apart from that 5. RRR increasingly steadily, if they score at 4 an over for the next 10 overs or so it should go up to 7.5-8.

Edit: remind me not to mention it when my bowlers do anything right, as whenever I do they tend to bowl rubbish straight after.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Their batsmen digging themselves a nice big hole, eventually leading to the demise of their best batsman, Badley's second wicket.

End of Over 30: 141-2, runrate=4.70, reqrunrate=7.30 (286-5)
Badley 10-0-46-2
Smyth* 67 (85 balls)
Thomson 1 (3 balls)

Good finish after having 1-28 from 4 overs.

Edit: Hooray for Pollock, two in one over.

End of Over 33: 156-4, runrate=4.73, reqrunrate=7.71 (286-5)
Pollock 7-0-28-2
Midworth* 1 (2 balls)
Smyth 70 (91 balls)

Should be able to manage the win now, although their no. 11 has feeble batting.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scraped home by 18 runs in the end, 286-5 v 268-6. A few good performances mixed with a bit of rubbish, but did the job in the end. Some nice ratings as well, my best to date (me on right):

Banagher Knight Asterix XI
Top Order: superb quality
Middle Order: competent respectable
Lower Order: mediocre woeful
Seam Bowling: superb superb
Spin Bowling: useless respectable
Fielding: competent competent

Downside being that my fitness is back to low. Next two matches will be tough, but if I win both I should promote to div I.

33/3from3.3

ok this is sucking so far
End of Over 5: 41-0, runrate=8.20
Prest 3-0-23-0
Bridge* 20 (13 balls)
Milner 21 (17 balls)

33/3from3.3

End of Over 10: 89-0, runrate=8.90
Woolner 5-0-47-0
Milner* 50 (33 balls)
Bridge 37 (27 balls)

come on why do you have to be bad at this

Scaly piscine

33/3from3.3 said:
End of Over 10: 89-0, runrate=8.90
Woolner 5-0-47-0
Milner* 50 (33 balls)
Bridge 37 (27 balls)

come on why do you have to be bad at this
Heh, I did say you'd have next to no chance of winning your first two league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.