• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
boring pops for me too

Pete Berry - 19 yo, BT Rating=16,033
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: woeful Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

David Elvins - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,956
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A steady player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: competent Concentration: strong
Bowling: woeful Consistency: proficient
Fielding: respectable

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Well until training time it was all gloom and despondency around Cymru Gurgitaters CG. A six Thumping league defeat of the season on Friday, was followed yesterday by a pasting in the Friendly Cup which means I've probably missed out on the Super Six, although my rivals for third in the group also got a stuffing so I'll have to wait and see if my NRR is good enough to see me through. No money in the bank, Fitness fatigued, morale pessimistic, several players spotted heading for their garages with lengths of hosepipe in hand!

But then, just like when you're standing at the bus stop in the pssiing rain, and you find a ciggie nestling in the corner of a packet you thought was empty, something turned up to raise my flagging spirits.

Four training pops! Unexpectedly, but not particularly thrillingly, Bewers has popped to Comp Cons - Curiously a fortnight after I took his fielding net away! Then I find that Haldane's marathon stand at Comp Bat has finally been broken, after no less than 16 weeks, so I've listed him on the transfer market for £150k, a bit optimistic, but not out of the ball-park for an 18yo Resp Bat, with Med Stam and Conc. Plus, with Woe WK and bowl , as an Estate Agent would say, there's scope for improvement to convert him into a kind'a batting second-string allrounder, whether that be WK or bowling,which would drastically improve his Conc too I guess. He's joined on the market by Gavin Partridge, 20yo Low Resp Bat, and V.High Feeb bowl - Probably only a week or so away from Med, but I ditched his bowling training when Mullins replaced him as B5. The major drawback with him is his Abs Stam, which I never seemed to have space to get around to sorting out - So he's up for £90K, again a bit hopeful, but not ridiculously so. Besides, when you're £59k overdrawn, you need to be a little bit hopeful!

But, then came the real cherry on the cake, the moment when you find that not only is your girlfriend's fit mother up for it, but that neither of them appear to have any objection to the possibility of a threesome either! I clicked on to Doug Greening's Page and discovered that not only had he popped to Woe Conc after one week…He'd also reached Strong bat!!! - And whilst I'm not complaining in the slightest, it's got to be some kind'a mistake. He's listed with wages of £942, and his previous manager told me that he'd been having two batting nets all season, and that he'd popped to Prof four or five weeks ago. That would tally with the wages, and make him at the very most halfway up Prof, yet somehow he's jumped to Strong already!

But now to more sober matters! My capitulation on Friday, to a team I bowled out for 150 earlier in the season I might add, means that there's now a gap of eight points between me and fourth place, and a further two to third. So with no realistic hope of automatic survival, attention must turn to readying myself for the impending playoff. I currently have a 3/6 split, the same as the sixth-placed team, but I have an NRR advantage of around 10 over them. My intention from now on is to TIE every match, and get my team fitness up to something respectable before the playoff, and if I can be certain that Urwenda in Sixth are also going to lose, I may also rest several of my first team. I know that what the Lord giveth with one hand he taketh away with the other, and that even though my fitness will be on the way up, my morale is going to nose-dive - But then again I can control my fitness, whereas I don't appear to have any say whatsoever in turning my morale around! But what I'm wondering is whether there is any advantage in finishing fifth rather than sixth, in terms of your playoff opponents?

Oh BTW, just had the E-mail through from the bloke who organises our friendly cup, and apparently I've made it through to the Super Six stage, with 1.57 NRR, versus -3.39 for my rivals. TBH, I wouldn't have been too disappointed if I'd missed out, as my season from now on is all about one game.

Later, Trev

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Training, crap.

Hamid Gowshall - 28 yo, BT Rating=13,000
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couple of pops for me, unexpected stamina pop for Packer and an expected consistency pop for Pace, who's now my fourth 10k BT rating player (not that it matters a great deal). Will be selling my weaker all-rounder Maxwell in a couple of hours:

6. Ted Maxwell - 22 yo, BT Rating=5,371
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

They've had a couple of fielding nets under the new training system without popping. The £150,000 minimum bid has been met. Hopefully I'll get a bit more for them, I'm keeping my eyes out for an older and well rounded respectable+ bowler.

cricketboy29

International Regular
andyc said:
Ohh nice players there. Are you training Thorp as an allrounder, or just a batsman?

At this point, I'm training as a batsman, until Islam reaches atleast competent cons. Then I might consider it, because he does seem to have the goods.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

cricketboy29 said:
At this point, I'm training as a batsman, until Islam reaches atleast competent cons. Then I might consider it, because he does seem to have the goods.
I wouldn't bother to be honest, they've a pretty weak starting point (mediocre-worthless) and all-rounders are going to take an individual fitness level hammering from next season (assuming FC finally comes in).

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Scaly, can you stop referring to your players as "them" and use "he"? It's so confusing :p
I shall endeavour to accommodate your easy befuddled mind in future correspondence.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
4. Satish Abdul kadir - 18 yo, BT Rating=20,773
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: competent

10. Santosh Islam - 18 yo, BT Rating=32,886
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, invigorated
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: proficient Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: mediocre

nibbs

International Captain
3 pops, 2 which were pretty fkn awesome really.

Dwayne Waddell - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,575
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

Jason Duggan - 18 yo, BT Rating=27,184
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: woeful Consistency: proficient

Seamus Hamshaw - 21 yo, BT Rating=19,443
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, moderate
A steady player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

£790,000 signing Waddell proves his worth immediately. my side now has 3 superb batsmen which makes me dam proud. hopefully lennon will reach the magic mark dam soon.

the speed at which stamina trains is starting to become a huge concern for me. I guessing with 1 net players will probably take 4-5 weeks to pop. all I can say to that is 'dam, thats gay, dam gay.'

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, only one pop for me.

Ricky Louis - 22 yo, BT Rating=21,925
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
Bowling: quality Consistency: competent

Should be able to get him to remarkable/respectable/strong by the end of the season, possibly proficient consistency. Interesting that Malik's BTR jumped nearly 2,000 with no visible form change, as he's only getting one net. Almost ahead of Cuss on BTR, Wynand and Badley overtook Gillespie as well. Gillespie's fielding net experiment hasn't produced any visible results so I think I'll give the net to Cuss for a while.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i just went to my transfer lists and checked up on players i have sold over the season and my duds that i sold turned into studs some making 200runs as a highest score.... people musta seen the potential in them ay

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yikes. Nibbs with the heavy artillery, Davo with some guns.

btw Ash, just quietly, who are you training?? Your ratings have hardly changed since Season 1, tbh.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Not many pops this week for me:

Kevin Mansfield - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,260
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Hoping this guy will pop in bowling and fielding next week:

Jason Lovegrove - 18 yo, BT Rating=48,566
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: woeful Concentration: proficient
Bowling: quality Consistency: quality

And these are the other guys sharing the nets:

Marc Causon - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,558
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

Dave Corcoran - 19 yo, BT Rating=5,149
LH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

Gavin Wight - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,903
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Hrmm. Put 25 ITS into this fellow:

Code:
Stamina:  	woeful  	Wicket Keeping:  	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	woeful
Bowling: 	competent 	Consistency: 	woeful
Fielding: 	feeble
17 years old. I'm gonna train him up.

andyc

nooga99 said:
yeh its nooga_99@hotmail.com anyone can add me and chat about our teams etc etc.

Anyone up for a friendly this week, send me a challenge
You might have a bit of trouble finding a friendly here right now. We've got a competition going, so it might be a few more weeks till anyone has a free game. Some very nice players you've got there, by the way, Lovegrove will be a star by the time you're done training him.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Thats ok ive entered in to that extreme bowl friendly thingo thats on the aussie boards so i should be right for friendly's from next week onwards. Yeh hes a great bowler i love his economy rate especially bowling at the death of the innings,i just hope it doesnt get picked for the rep sides now as ill need him for the FC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.