Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 272 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1219Likes

Thread: 3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I am not. I want him to play. He is the weakest link.
    I want Starc to play. I miss the utter randomness that comes with a bowler like that. With him we could either be 110-0 or 60-5 at lunch on day 1.

The 2 units in this series are predictably good so far.
    vcs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    Easily explained. They've fooled themselves into thinking cloud reliant medium pacers make great bowlers.
    I wish when I was going through puberty there had been forums around long enough for me to rehash their decade old jokes as part of my edgy shtick. But alas they didn't exist.
    Adders and marc71178 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hazsa19 View Post
    I want Starc to play. I miss the utter randomness that comes with a bowler like that. With him we could either be 110-0 or 60-5 at lunch on day 1.

The 2 units in this series are predictably good so far.
    I'd play him, not just because it's meant to rain the night before and will probably hoop around a bit. But I suspect they'll bring in Patto.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I wish when I was going through puberty there had been forums around long enough for me to rehash their decade old jokes as part of my edgy shtick. But alas they didn't exist.
    Ok
    GIMH and vcs like this.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I'd play him, not just because it's meant to rain the night before and will probably hoop around a bit. But I suspect they'll bring in Patto.
    Doesn't matter who you play when your batting line up will average 8 between them. Going to get messy this one.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Got applauded off mind. Rightly so too. Don't care that it was only a 70-odd (or whatever it was - less than a ton anyway) - by far and away the best batting I've ever seen live.
    It was such a strange day. Australia swung England out for nothing, then England responded by bouncing the lacquer off the ball while getting smashed.

In other words it was exactly like every England home Ashes win since 2005 except with the teams swapped.
    GIMH likes this.

That'll put them about 1.5 ahead of your lot.

Travis Head once again quietly going about building a decent series among the batting trash of both teams (Smith aside, obviously). Gets a bad wrap from most but has barely set a foot wrong since daybooing. Needs to start converting, but he's been very consistent so far.

Got applauded off mind. Rightly so too. Don't care that it was only a 70-odd (or whatever it was - less than a ton anyway) - by far and away the best batting I've ever seen live.
    That was when he got a thick edge to get off the mark iirc then Graeme Onions decided it would be a good idea to bounce him out, and he hit him about 15 rows back. It was a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It was such a strange day. Australia swung England out for nothing, then England responded by bouncing the lacquer off the ball while getting smashed.

In other words it was exactly like every England home Ashes win since 2005 except with the teams swapped.
    Had them four down at close IIRC and we thought Harmison had got Clarke but it had hit his arm guard. They just killed us the next day while I was dying on my couch and the Barnes era was starting disastrously in Yeovil

Terrible weekend of sport

2010 was a really fun Ashes because of just how good England were, instead of you know.. less bad coupled with the home advantage. It would be grossly misleading to call the Harris/Johnson epic a continuation of that but I don't recall much from the last 2, probably with good reason.

2015 had its moments I suppose but was mainly five one-sided matches rather than the close contest a 3-2 scoreline might suggest

Had them four down at close IIRC and we thought Harmison had got Clarke but it had hit his arm guard. They just killed us the next day while I was dying on my couch and the Barnes era was starting disastrously in Yeovil

Terrible weekend of sport

BARNES OUT!
    z
    GIMH likes this.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    Easily explained. They've fooled themselves into thinking cloud reliant medium pacers make great bowlers.
    I still remember most Australians on these pages telling us how great jackson bird is and how he would be leading the attack for every other team bar South Africa. Still waiting for this to be proven
    Daemon likes this.

I just want to go on record, as I do most times the discussion of 09 comes up, that it's easy my favourite cricket series ever.

Quality of cricket it's nowhere near but a clash of circumstances mean I was able to submerge myself wholly in a way I've never been able to before or since. And in a fairly tricky time in life that little urn meant a little bit more to me than it probably should have. So if anyone ever wants to talk 09 Ashes just hit me up. I've even got a half written novel set during the series for ****s sake.
    Uppercut and Bijed like this.

Does the plot involve a Royal Commission into the Strauss cheating at Lord's set next to an underground cell of Tranmere supporters plotting the kidnapping and disposal of John Barnes?

Page 5 of 272 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information