• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia v England post-Ashes ODI series

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can see why, from the highlights plays them real late and gets serious velocity on the ball. Going to break some poor cover fielder’s hand one day.

Gob

International Coach
Few of our really good quicks aren't suited to white ball bowling. Pattinson, Bird, Sayers and a few others are far worse with the white ball than they are with the red ball.
Cummins isn't that great either. Starc and daylight

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be interested to see what Hasan (20.47) is averaging in 25 or so matches time though. But no-one who's been around for a while is close.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Not having Maxwell in the long-term planning for the 2019 WC is just patently absurd. And if he is in the planning and they are choosing to not play him now is also absurd. I mean Lynn. Really? Thank god he got injured. Aus could get spanked this series. Engand have a decent team if they click.

TheJediBrah

Boult plays worse teams more often, and more often in helpful bowling conditions

Starc bowls a lot on roads

Spark

Global Moderator
Boult plays worse teams more often, and more often in helpful bowling conditions

Starc bowls a lot on roads
Don't think this is true in ODIs, swing aside. He has to defend smaller decks too.

Starc is just a cut above though IMO. When he's bowling well, he's completely unhittable in the last 10 overs, there was almost no chance of us losing a game at home in the WC unless our batsmen completely **** the bed (and even then...). That ability to bowl 150km/h yorkers from such a wide angle around the wicket which then reverse away late is totally unique in world cricket right now.

Daemon

Starc actually has played more of the crap teams than Boult.

Don't think anyone is arguing that Boult>Starc in ODIs anyways.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starc's biggest problem is that he doesn't play as many ODIs as he really should. Feels like he's been around forever and has only played 60 odd games. I think that a lack of games during his prime will probably hurt how people see him in years to come (much like how Lillee's ODI career tends to be ignored these days, despite being excellent).

TheJediBrah

Denly and Vince look so much better than Roy & Billings did. Yet Roy and Billings are the ones in the England ODI side. Weird.

Don't think this is true in ODIs, swing aside. He has to defend smaller decks too.

Starc is just a cut above though IMO. When he's bowling well, he's completely unhittable in the last 10 overs, there was almost no chance of us losing a game at home in the WC unless our batsmen completely **** the bed (and even then...). That ability to bowl 150km/h yorkers from such a wide angle around the wicket which then reverse away late is totally unique in world cricket right now.
Yeah I wasn't being entirely serious. I don't know if I've even really seen Boult much, especially lately. Also have no idea who has been playing against.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean I honestly can't even remember which ODI teams Starc played against in the last year so I can hardly blame you

TheJediBrah

KP's here in a fancy suit surely he can't be commentating for ch9 when he's been working for 10 all season